Scored a bit of a luck, i think.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headsh0t

AVForums Member
Reaction score
hello all, OK so story time, My father phones me up and tells me there is a amp at a toti pawn shop, the guy said there is need for fixing other wise it worked( no more info given ). And can take it for R150. Now, for R150, i can at least get some parts if it doesn't work. so i go pick it up and this where things get interesting...

So as you can see it... needs help. the caps were loose in the amp, but the standoffs were long enough that they didnt come loose. the input seems to have cracked ( somehow) and been repaired in a really n00b way. the foil made my camera trip harder than a stoner from the 60's, and the best part is it doesnt even go any where, so no bleed off of the collected EMF ?. As it's a dual mono, i was thinking about active monitors ? Strip it down and have the Tx in a nice box outside Jack to the Speakers. the heatsink fins are standard H shape with 15 Fins. something i wanted to try was to put the Heatsink in the port of the enclosure, taking the extra volume into account and rounding the fins, so as to ease turbulence as well as any whoosh it may bring. that way passive cooling can be implemented in high power. The amp only really needs more cooling at higher volumes. so your largely dependent on bass and Xmax but seeing as it draws only slight amounts of power for the higher range compared to matching Db bass. Am i missing something that i haven't though of, or is do you think heat is going to be the problem.

your opinions please, i know it is a grubby amp but it does work, put a new fuse in a tested with the caps bolted down, plenty of power. a little anemic and dry, but has potential.