Gole1 micro pc, with touch screen and battery used as Music Server

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolla

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share:

e8qt75.jpg

I bought a Gole1 off GearBest and although I initially thought of selling it on again, now that I have gone through the normal tweaking and endless patches (including the dreaded windows 10 millennium update), I have really grown fond of the little guy. I have only had it for two full days now, but looking pretty stable and already using it to stream from Jriver lossless library and then into my Korg DS-DS-100 dac - listening with my Philips headphones.

Cool little device, firstly because it is sooo little, it has a built-in battery for when Eskom flips the BIG switch. It also has a touch screen, although detailed is very small, but still very useful in a pinch. I have enabled the remote client on the Gole1 and use Microsoft RD Client app on my iPad to work remotely with a proper screen.

It has all the essentials and more, like wi-fi and ethernet, 4 USB ports (1 is USB 3.0), micro SD slot, USB host port, 5V DC in and full size HDMI out.

My version is the 64GB SSD, 4GB RAM and Intel Atom Cherry Trail Z8350 processor. See here for the listing and specs:
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_372953.html?wid=37

I'm very happy with my purchase and all my initial misgivings have been overcome, but you need to know how to get the best out of Windows 10 Home Edition ;)
Also, if you buy one, dont bother with the 32GB version, you need the 64GB and 4GB RAM

I have not used the dual-boot into Android yet, since I only needed the Windows side of things.

I have measured the power consumption and looks like a max of about 8c per day, running off the supplied 5V DC 3A switch mode, multi input voltage, power supply.

One more thing, I was quite lucky in that Customs only hit me with the basic R55 scrutiny/duty fee.

Highly recommended little micro/mini pc. It you have want one, but have questions or concerns about the product, please feel free to ask and I will try and help/test where possible.

Cheers, Waldman.

See just how tiny it is:

21bocvc.jpg

Latest posts