Insane Stupidity

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've just got back from a walk with my dog. We drove along Main road through Kenilworth, Claremont and up to Newlands with lots of peak hour traffic at just before 5pm. There were plenty of Metro cop cars patrolling to prevent taxis from blocking the lefhand lane.

We stopped just before Dean street intersection, got out of my car and as we were crossing the road, one of these liitle Hyundai or Kias pulled up at the red traffic lights. The CA no started with 294...?, the little car had darkened windows and a 18 to 20 something roker on the (closed) bonnet.

As the lights were red, the idiot jumped off the bonnet and had a brief discussion with the driver. As the lights turned green, the bloke jumped up on the bonnet again (his back directly in front of the driver's side of the windscreen), reclined and off they went, in the direction of Mowbray.

By then me and the dog had crossed all 4 lanes of main road Newlands and just then, a cop car screamed past, hell for leather with siren blaring and blue lights flashing.

I tried to flag down the cop but he was going so fast he probably didn't even see me. A few seconds later, another cop car came from the opposite direction, made a screaming U-turn before proceeding in the direction of the first cop car.

Now, I don't give a sh#t what happens to the driver and the nutcase on the bonnet involved and can only hope they get caught. What concerns me is how many innocent road users are placed at risk through this kind of outrageous behaviour.

mafioso