First post anniversary & my birthday

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimGore

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Today is my birthday.

Exactly 30 years ago, on the 8th of July 1980 my mom gave birth to a little boy - so small that I could fit on my dad's one hand with my legs hanging off the side.  I am sure they both heaved a sigh of relief that the 14 hour ordeal was finally over, but little did they know what a terrorist I was to become - their problems were far from over  ;D

I just checked back on the very last page of this "General Discussion" group on the forum.  I also posted my first thread here on the 8th of July 2005.  5 years on, and we have a good amount of very clever and interesting people hanging out here.  Back in the old days when this forum was still young there was no real point in keeping the website open and refreshing every hour - there were perhaps 8 members, and about 5 topics - not much was going on.  Fortunately today things are very much alive and well on our favourite homegrown HiFi and AV forum.

As I did back in 2005, I would like to express my sincere thanks to Pavel (Kay) for making this community possible.  Pavel, I am sure all here will agree with me: You are a good man, and you deserve more recognition than I could give you with mere words.

Hope you all have a good day!

regards,
Ian.