Full Range Philips 12" - MLTL / TQWT

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsyCLown

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I recently purchased some old (Vintage?) Philips AD12202/M8 drivers.

I have been wanting to do a HE build with a horn enclosure or similar for a while now and when these came across at the price, it made sense as it should be a fairly simple and cheap build.
No other drivers needed, no expensive crossover parts to fiddle with and buy etc. etc.

So I am thinking of going for a MTLT or perhaps a TQWT, been doing a bit of reading and most people run them in Bass Reflex enclosures but that seems boring.
Some have had great success with "pipe" / "quarter wave" enclosures on similar drivers (the AD12100) and I have seen a few people build some with these drivers too however not many have posted the details of their build or any plans either.

I have never used Hornresp before so will need to try figure out how that works to sim some comparisons and see what might work best.
Any assistance or advice would be great as well - someone did some simulations on an international forum and seems as if the TQWT is a smaller enclosure with a more flat response, however bass extension is a bit limited - F3 in the 50's I believe however that shouldn't be a problem as I will be using my subwoofers as well.

If anyone here has experience with MLTL or TQWT enclosures, some advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Psy