HD in my pub and the audio to my amp. Ideas?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipodmusicman

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a room leading to my thatched braai area.  I put in a small pub in that room as to extend the entertainment area to encapsulate the thatch and the pub.

My thatch already has speakers installed which I connect to a stereo amp that I hook up when I need music.  The amp isn't permanently installed.

The next phase in the evolution of my pub is to install a TV on the wall inside the pub as well as install the stereo amp permanently and connect the outside speakers to the amp.

Right, this is what I would like to have:

I already have a coax cable coming into the room and this coax cable feeds RF already and is located close to where I plan to mount the TV on the wall.  What I ideally would like to have is HD to this TV and not analog coax.  I cannot move any DSTV decoders, etc into this room as they are located in the lounge where the satellite feed is.

Secondly, I want to send the audio from the TV to the stereo amp.  The stereo amp is not going to be located at the TV at all, so I am looking for a wireless solution of some sort whereby I plug the transmitter into the TV's analoge audio out (RCA, etc) and plug the receiver into the amp via RCA.  This is so that when we watch sport, I can have the audio coming over the speakers and so turning off the TV speaker entirely.  Moving the stereo amp to where the TV is is not an option at all.  At most, the amp wil be around 4m from the TV line-of-sight.

I really hope that you'll be able to help with some ideas, product recommendations, etc.  Living in South Africa, we don't have access to many products that would help with this, so hoping that you'll be able to help.

Kind regards

Latest posts