Fostex BK-16 Folded Horn plans

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Sid

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Prompted/reminded by Hugo Biermann's post re the Coral/BK-20s (https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,59733.0.html), I am looking for plans for the Fostex BK-16 Folded Horn (pic below).

The reason is I have quite a lot of bits of plywood and pine board lying around, and two 6" full range drivers (from my Hilux :ROFLMAO: after I upgraded to Pioneer splits), and I am keen to start playing around with horns (if you know what i mean  :p). The BK-16 is for a 6.5" driver, so i reckon it's better suited than the BK-20, and also a bit smaller.

The idea is that they can be used as workshop speakers, or for braais, mates visiting etc - not too worried about bumping or scratching. I was also thinking of getting one of Noizyboy's little Wireless Bluetooth Digital Amp Boards (http://www.diyelectronics.co.za/store/audio/1442-tda7492p-25w25w-wireless-bluetooth-csr-40-audio-receiver-digital-amplifier-board.html), which could hide in the cab with an old PC power supply I also have lying around, to make them active too. The only things ill have to spend money on are the amp, accessories like wire terminals switches etc and some dog blanket (dogs will be pissed off if i take theirs).

So if anyone please has plans for the BK-16 (or similar) it would be greatly appreciated. I have scrounged quite a lot on the interwebs, but not come up with anything with the simplicity of the Fostex design. If it comes to the worst, i could scale off the picture (the height/breadth/depth are known), but i'd prefer actual dimensions. I've been reading up quite a bit of theory, so may make minor adjustments...  If i like them, I may then build some real horns with some of the beautiful Goodmans Phillips etc drivers that pop up from time to time.

bk16-kit.jpg