Shitty week...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firehorse

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
How shit has your week been... my best mate who is very ill with emphysema and has a few decent months left - has just been kicked out of his home which he funded -living in a room in the back of his daughters house - i mean physically removed from the property. A 65 year old man with nothing... he has had to sell shit to buy oxygen and meds because his medical aid has deemed him to high risk... messed up

So i am listening to his Leak Stereo 20 - getting absolutely rat faced slanty eyed on Captain Morgan & Coke relishing in the fact that Brazil has been knocked out of the SWC and that he has given me the pleasure of appreciating valves for the first time in my rather insignificant life on this messed up planet we are on - that his own daughter has kicked him out on his ass... just sick jerry springer west rand common trash stuff that the average Zefrican has to deal with i guess.... getting my BJJ skills up to date to deal with this moron he calls a son in law just to see his face go blue without oxygen and see what it is like....

So excuse me - I am getting drunk and listening to Dead Can Dance like i have never listened to them before... through some sublime valve amplification - just insane - like the band are jolling in the room. I am blown away by the clarity and detail of valves.... were have they been all my life...

I listen to music with a new clarity... yes i realise why people spend the money they do on equipment but tonight i listen to the Leak with a whole new perspective - in love and honour of the shit a dear friend is going through... i will be sure to tell him tomorrow how much i appreciate his kindness and friendship...

Peter you are a friend and mentor and hope to spend the next few months you have left enjoying and getting drunk on Jaegermesister in your workshop and just being a great lad...

I will toast this old git... Peter

Stepan Hesse