Mars tube Audio ST 70

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emtturntable

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Please forgive, but I would like to take this oppertunity to GLOAT! about my new amp.

I am currently using tannoy golds as my speakers and cd and turntable as my sources. As pre amp I am using a Mcintosh C26. As power amp I ordered the ST 70 from Karel, minus selector, balance and volume pod.

Last night the amp was switched on for the first time with el 34 as power tubes. All I can say is I am very very happy with the sound! Excellent match with the tannoys. Only other difference is, there is no feedback.

Also would like to thank Karel with all the help and expertise he provided during the build process.

And to the reader, who has untill now considered to buy local, there is nothing to fear. Local is very good and lekker!

Guys, with the weak rand for one, we are mostly paying far to much than what most products are worth.

It has taken me a number of years to save enough money to buy the ST 70 from Karel but it was worth the wait!

Thank you