Which sub of these 3 would you choose to pair with ProAc 1SC

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stereosane

Where Music & Emotions Meet
Reaction score
So I ended up buying a Sf Gravis 1B sub and a pair of ProAc 1SC, I was really looking forward to using the sub but didn't realize at the time that my Predator doesn't have a sub out..and the Gravis only has RCA connections :(

After listening to the ProAc last night I'm really impressed by them, they do amazing bass for there size, and the imaging is the best I've ever heard, but it just lacks the lower frequencies and no matter how good a speaker is to me it must have a fuller bass not necessarily deeper.

So without breaking the bank I was thinking of adding a sub to see if it will work for me, I've never been able to get a sub & bookshelf setup to blend 100% but I'm willing to take a chance as I like what Im hearing from the ProAc but definitely can't do long term without more bass!!

So my choices are:

Velodyne Impact 10
B&W ASW608
Rel ( not sure what model )

I don't want to spend much more than R3500. I've heard the 608 and liked it but it doesn't like loud volumes, it rattles when pushed plus I've read lots of stories about the amps failing. Never heard the other two. My main concern is to get the bass to blend as best with the ProAc, it mustn't  sound slow or muddled or boomy.

Latest posts