Author Topic: 38W x 2 stereo amplifiers  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Toxxyc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: 38W x 2 stereo amplifiers
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2017, 01:11:53 PM »
Oh.  I read somewhere that you can receive two items with a value of less than R1,400 each per year without paying extra fees or something like that?

Offline ScottulusMaximus

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »
Oh.  I read somewhere that you can receive two items with a value of less than R1,400 each per year without paying extra fees or something like that?

Oh the gift limit, ah I'm not remotely eligible for that hence my confusion :)
Importing made easy!

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2017, 01:29:44 PM »
Oh the gift limit, ah I'm not remotely eligible for that hence my confusion :)

:ROFLMAO:

Offline Noizyboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • PQ Sound
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2017, 02:55:26 PM »
1 month is now passed....did you get your amp yet ???

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »
It hit SA customs on the 2nd of June.  It was sent by registered air mail from China on the 30th of April, and somehow took more than a month to get here.  I'm going to wager a guess and say it has been sitting at Customs for a while now but they never scanned it.  I'm starting to think as well that it'll be opened and "lightened" somewhat, specially since it's been this long.  I am not positive about it, you were absolutely correct, unfortunately.  :/

Offline Danny Boy

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »
I'm starting to think as well that it'll be opened and "lightened" somewhat, specially since it's been this long.
I see your wager, and I bet you a "100% correct!"...

I'm starting to think as well that it'll be opened and "lightened" somewhat, specially since it's been this long.
I'm used to a 2 month delivery period with everything in order  :shh:
HT: Onkyo TX-NR828 | Wharfedale Obsidian 600 | Polk PSW350 | HiSense 60K390 | Zalman HD503 HTPC & Kodi 17.3
Stereo: NAD 3020i | NAD 522 | NAD T515 | Pioneer PL-512 | Technics SB-2170 | RPi 3, PiFi v2 & Moode Audio

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2017, 03:28:55 PM »
At least my local SAPO office wants me to open and check parcels before I accept them.  If anything is missing I'll simply refuse to accept it and they can go suck a rotten pencil, I'll fill in a complaint and demand my money back.  My last parcel was stuck at Customs since the 23rd of March and I only got it this Friday.  Their excuse?  They thought mine was someone else's so they never replied to my queries.

Offline Noizyboy

• Commercial Member
    • PQ Sound
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »
Thats why we never import goods via SAPO  ( actually waiting for our third shipment of those Audio amps..due tmrw since you started this thread )

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »
Yeah it's quite terrible.  I find that you just have to keep on querying and keep on hammering on the correct spots to keep the flow going, otherwise it simply stagnates, goes missing or "missing" and you never end up getting anything really.

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2017, 03:41:54 PM »
At least my local SAPO office wants me to open and check parcels before I accept them.  If anything is missing I'll simply refuse to accept it and they can go suck a rotten pencil, I'll fill in a complaint and demand my money back.  My last parcel was stuck at Customs since the 23rd of March and I only got it this Friday.  Their excuse?  They thought mine was someone else's so they never replied to my queries.

Not meaning this personally or as a jab or I hope I am misunderstanding, but choosing a method of delivery that is known to be flawed and then pushing any issues back to the seller doesn't seem fair to me.  Have you thought this through?
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »

Not meaning this personally or as a jab or I hope I am misunderstanding, but choosing a method of delivery that is known to be flawed and then pushing any issues back to the seller doesn't seem fair to me.  Have you thought this through?

Oh yes I have.  Remember I used their registered shipping method (that I paid for), but it seems to have failed on both sides.  I'm not blaming the seller, and if it arrives here I will not claim from the seller but rather from SAPO instead.  I know the risks of this method and I'm willing to deal with them, but I will place blame where needed, not on innocent parties.

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2017, 03:49:05 PM »
Oh yes I have.  Remember I used their registered shipping method (that I paid for), but it seems to have failed on both sides.  I'm not blaming the seller, and if it arrives here I will not claim from the seller but rather from SAPO instead.  I know the risks of this method and I'm willing to deal with them, but I will place blame where needed, not on innocent parties.

Thanks for clarifying.  Wasn't sure from your post who you would be claiming against. 
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2017, 03:51:35 PM »
Thanks for clarifying.  Wasn't sure from your post who you would be claiming against.

Heh.  I'm difficult, but not unreasonable  :BWAHAHAH:

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
I ended up buying this:  https://www.banggood.com/4-in-1-TDA7492P-50W50W-Bluetooth-CSR4_0-Amplifier-Acrylic-Shell-Interface-Plug-Heatsink-Kit-p-1125209.html

Now I know this kit probably won't produce 50W per channel since the chip itself is only capable of 25W @ 10% THD and 20W @ 1% THD but it's still not bad at all, considering it has a MASSIVE input voltage range (anything between 7VDC and 29VDC makes this thing tick) and it comes complete with mounting case, Bluetooth 4.0 capability, sinks and a "mounting kit".

I had some discount on there so I paid R242.41 for the kit with insured and tracked shipping.  Looking forward to it arriving!

Right, kit arrived at my local SAPO on Friday, 2017/07/14.  That makes it 11 weeks and 2 days for it to arrive.  Worst part?  Of that time, only 1 week was from Singapore to SA.  The rest was waiting for customs/SAPO to actually process the package.  It's terrible.

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2017, 08:05:29 AM »
Right, kit arrived at my local SAPO on Friday, 2017/07/14.  That makes it 11 weeks and 2 days for it to arrive.  Worst part?  Of that time, only 1 week was from Singapore to SA.  The rest was waiting for customs/SAPO to actually process the package.  It's terrible.

I wonder if someone can help me with this amp:  Is it normal for it to have a constant whine/whizzing noise over the speakers?  It has a terrible speaker plop when you switch it on which is understandable (and can be worked around), but when it runs it has this hissing/whizzing/whining noise that is played over the speakers.  It seems to be worse over my DIY speakers as well - over the cheapy HiFi speakers I tested before it was quiet, but my DIYs definitely reproduces that sound.  Anyone know if it might be because it's just a cheap-ass amp or because it's something I can look at?