Author Topic: I despair....  (Read 341 times)

Offline Larry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
I despair....
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:10:45 PM »
I really, really want to be positive about the country I love and live in.  But the odds of this not being politically motivated must be about 0...

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/breaking-the-offices-of-the-chief-justice-burgled-20170318

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
Re: I despair....
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:02:38 PM »
A "task team" has been convened.  This is SAPS answer to this type of scenario.  Why were these computers not connected to a secure server, with automatic backup?

Offline Larry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:03:48 PM »
Why were these computers not connected to a secure server, with automatic backup?

Sadly not the first time I've heard that scenario in a government department.  Beyond ridiculous really..

Offline Juggy

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:13:10 PM »
A "task team" has been convened.  This is SAPS answer to this type of scenario.  Why were these computers not connected to a secure server, with automatic backup?

Insane, with the amount of money spent on all sorts of government contracts there must have been an IT contract for this somewhere. Probably a comrade and service was never delivered

With the amount of online storages available these days it really is not rocket science to set these things up
| Lounge System | Samsung UA55F8000 | Onkyo TX-RZ1100 | Tannoy XT 8F | Tannoy XT C | Intel NUC |
| Braai System | Samsung UA40J5300 | Sansui AU-222 | Intel NUC | Paradigm Mini Monitor V2 |

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 08:59:56 PM »
Speak to Zuma. You know what I mean.

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx