Author Topic: Branded bar fridge  (Read 676 times)

Offline Eben

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
Branded bar fridge
« on: March 18, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »
I am looking for a branded bar fridge with a glass door for this place:

This is an example that I found and it would have been perfect if it did not cost R5500.00

Also see here  https://www.olx.co.za/ad/jack-daniels-bar-fridge-ID16efWl.html#fa85011bda

To put in perspective, this one is R6000.00, and it is a SMEG.

Also see https://www.olx.co.za/ad/bar-fridge-ID16dlYw.html#d587b00d1c

I am looking for a small branded fridge with a glass door, it must work but is just a fun item, somewhere between R1000 and R2000.

Offline BWS

• Administrator
Re: Branded bar fridge
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:31:42 PM »
I only see one bottle of booze, what kind of bar is this? :thinking:
Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline Eben

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 06:11:53 PM »

I only see one bottle of booze, what kind of bar is this? :thinking:

:) It is still work in progress/process, hence the need for a fridge. We got this place with the house on the farm but I am not a "bar type of guy" so we just ignored it. However, since we no longer rent it as a farm-stay we are making it really nice. Will post some pics as we progress.

Offline Heino13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:19:38 PM »
Maybe look for 2nd hand and just get ir wrapped

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Offline Eben

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:04:25 PM »
Both the examples were from OLX so 2nd hand.

Offline Ravo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 06:55:04 AM »
Buddy picked up a small commercial Heineken one for 1k and a pub closing deal. Check bid or buy... Should have a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Eben

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 11:17:32 AM »
Buddy picked up a small commercial Heineken one for 1k and a pub closing deal. Check bid or buy... Should have a few.

Done that, nothing. I hoped someone on the forum has one or knows of one for sale.

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
You can sometimes pick them up at auctions (particularly those dealing with ex-bar/restaurant equipment).  Don't know if there are any local auction houses?
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Raffs

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • The Final Frontier
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 11:46:01 AM »
Just saw a Red Bull mini fridge at cash converters in Bonearo Park ... PM me yr digits I took a pic will whats app to you ... they wanted 3600 but I'm sure you can put your negotiation skills to the test if you interested
Trust your senses !!

Offline JonnyP

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 01:16:55 PM »
I see the converted freezer with two taps coming out of it.  Nice idea - homemade beer?
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Eben

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 01:34:42 PM »
I see the converted freezer with two taps coming out of it.  Nice idea - homemade beer?

Yes, exactly. We are friends with the owners of Clarens Breweries so they fill up the kegs for us. It takes 2x9l and 2x18l kegs. Very nice indeed. This is a legacy of my son from his beer brewing days.

Offline JonnyP

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
Nice.  :dop:

When my brother was at University he shared an attic flat in an old country house with two others.  The previous residents had been 3D artists with a penchant for home brewing and good carpentry skills.  Where there had been a shelf in the corridor, they had built a stepped shelf with enough room for three home brewing barrels, a gutter below acting as a drip tray into a bucket at the end (in case of spillage), and plumbed in a hosepipe from the kitchen for easy water addition/cleaning.  All very neat and tidy.  Each barrel duly produced about 25L of beer taking a few weeks for each to come to fruition.  At any time, there was a selection of a couple of different ales and at least 40 pints of each for the weekend.......

.......their other housemate (a young lady who was more of a wine fan) made elderberry wine in the bathroom.

Offline Eben

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 05:25:45 PM »
Nice.  :dop:

When my brother was at University he shared an attic flat in an old country house with two others.  The previous residents had been 3D artists with a penchant for home brewing and good carpentry skills.  Where there had been a shelf in the corridor, they had built a stepped shelf with enough room for three home brewing barrels, a gutter below acting as a drip tray into a bucket at the end (in case of spillage), and plumbed in a hosepipe from the kitchen for easy water addition/cleaning.  All very neat and tidy.  Each barrel duly produced about 25L of beer taking a few weeks for each to come to fruition.  At any time, there was a selection of a couple of different ales and at least 40 pints of each for the weekend.......

.......their other housemate (a young lady who was more of a wine fan) made elderberry wine in the bathroom.

That sounds like the good life.... Not a worry in the world  and enough beer to last forever. :dop:

Offline Eben

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
Just saw a Red Bull mini fridge at cash converters in Bonearo Park ... PM me yr digits I took a pic will whats app to you ... they wanted 3600 but I'm sure you can put your negotiation skills to the test if you interested

Thanks for all your trouble and thanks for the pic. It looks very smart, almost too smart but it will work and look beautifully. It is however quite expensive at R3 600.00. Letís see what else pops up but certainly is on my short list.

Cheers.

Offline FranZAR

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »
I see Juggy has a Coke fridge in the classifieds...

Rather be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it.