R8,200 a litre

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vleisman

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
My wife asked me to buy her some cream. Dermastine 3%. So I breeze into Dischem and am shocked to see that a 50ml tube costs R410. That just can't be right? Took a quick look at the ingredients, first up is aqua = water. Next is pariffinum liquidim (basically liquid petroleum jelly). Then a bunch of stuff that doesn't seem too exotic except for maybe pure natural soluble elastin. No gold flakes or diamond chips.

This stuff seems to be made in Midrand, so where does the high cost come in? Nobel prize-winning chemists that need to be paid millions? Are they just taking the p1ss and we're too stupid to realize, or are they milking us because they can?

According to Cats "it makes my skin look good and it lasts for 3 months" so I guess that makes it a bargain. Actually it is a bargain, I found this website that offers the exact same thing for R652 http://www.iheal.co.za/products.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=13&product_id=1172&vmcchk=1

I could buy another fixer-upper turntable for that price (will last much longer than 3 months) or a decent bottle of whisky (wouldn't last 3 months or make my skin look good)  :facepalm: :nutter: 

Latest posts