The Doors on Rhino vinyl.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analogos

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Not to spark a vinyl versus digital debate, but my only memory of the Doors was great music from terrible sounding LP's and later CD's, they did sound good at clubs when I was rather intoxicated.
I recently took delivery of two doors albums, Strange Days and Morrison Hotel.
Both these have been pressed on to 180 gram vinyl slabs , remastered by RTI.
For the first time I can really appreciated the band for who they were.
Most folks always think of the band as Jim and Ray Manzarek (keyboards)
Listening to the track When the music's over (all 11 minutes of it)  on this stunningly remastered piece of work has me realising for the first time what little intricate guitar riffs Robby Krieger played and what he was actually capable of, he is a driving rhythm through this track and tangs away like a naughty little schoolboy in the right corner of my room, very entertaining to say the least.
John Densmore's drumming always sounded so simple, I surely don't think this any more.
He taps and clangs away with a vengeance and certainly any drummer would have a hard time keeping up with the cues , but Densmore's cadence chops and changes like that of a madman.
Very accurate cymbal work and flams and triplets thrown in to the mix, enough to keep any listener entertained.
Manzarek's keyboard work paints the usual picture with Morrison's often wailing making my insides leap with excitement.
This foursome were different, they were actually so off the beaten track that they were actually brilliant.
To all you Doors lovers out there who own a turntable, be sure to add these to your precious record collection, near accurate audiophile recordings with incredible packaging.

What could be more beautiful than a big LP with one of the most bizzare album covers  ;D

Strange+Days+-+Front.jpg