1st foray into 'hd' headphones, advice needed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordBacon

Reaction score
My  :groovy: journey has been belated, but non the less i am endeavouring to upgrade my audible pleasure.

I am looking at two options for headphones - Monoprice M560 or the Fostex T50RP Mk3 ... i will be using either option as my primary drivers for home and at office (worried about sound leakage, hence the closed/semi-closed cans), because of portability i have already ordered the micca origen + as my amp dac combo.

Obviously not end game, due to budget limitations....

Now the question is --- headphones...m560 or Mark 3? (either option is about $200 on amazon)
3Zv67Oa.png
I listen to a wide variety of music genres- from blues, classical, soundtracks, 70's Rock, Folk, electronic..... so ja, i am pretty much everywhere.

Primary source of audio is through streaming services like google.play and then at home flac files after earmarking google.play hits. To make things easier --- I really love the cello , whatever headsets are recommended they need to give chills when listening to some cello.

I await the onslaught of critical advice....