Author Topic: Unknow Emersonīs tube TPT1  (Read 353 times)

Offline ariston

Unknow Emersonīs tube TPT1
« on: March 04, 2017, 08:56:14 PM »
Iīve one Emerson TPT1 tube inside one old radio .
I canīt find none about it.

I see other similar,  G1T1 that are the 32L7GT

Can some one send some information about ?

Offline Ampdog

Re: Unknow Emersonīs tube TPT1
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 09:59:48 PM »
As far as I know that is not a typical valve designation. Is there not another number on the glass somewhere - sometimes almost rubbed off, and one has to breathe on it or lightly rub with a finger to bring the letters out.

I cannot quite make out the innards, but it is probably either an r.f. pentode or a converter valve. In the series heater radio valves typical numbers were 12K7 and 12K8.
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline kubusi

Re: Unknow Emersonīs tube TPT1
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:28:41 PM »
What are the other valves in the set, it will be possible to work out what that valve is if the others are known, quite possible it is as already indicated a 6K7GT or 6K8GT or even the 12 volt equivalents. Another thought what is the model number? Once that is known it may also be able to search on the Internet and get the full valve lineup and circuit diagram.
Hot glass looks exactly the same as cold glass.