Author Topic: SMSL Panda series  (Read 364 times)

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
SMSL Panda series
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:32:31 PM »
Having used SMSL products in the past and having being very pleasantly surprised, this has definitely got my attention

https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/smsl-panda-series-sanskrit-pha-sanskrit-lps-sanskrit-pro-b.html

Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline Scubadude

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Depressed? Cans on, volume up, ignore the world!
Re: SMSL Panda series
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 01:49:27 PM »
That does look sweet! I see it was on Massdrop last year ... requested the drop so should be alerted if it comes up again.
"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Offline Wolvebain

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Consummate Rambler
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »
@BWS: If you are going to get the stack, let me know, as I may be interested in getting a SMSL SAP-9 or Matrix M-stage HPA-3B from shenzhenaudio as well
Why stand on a silent platform?
Fight the war...

Offline BWS

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »
That does look sweet! I see it was on Massdrop last year ... requested the drop so should be alerted if it comes up again.

Keep us posted :thumbs:
Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline BWS

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »
@BWS: If you are going to get the stack, let me know, as I may be interested in getting a SMSL SAP-9 or Matrix M-stage HPA-3B from shenzhenaudio as well

If nothing comes of the Massdrop soon, I'll give you heads up if I pull the trigger, I'm very very tempted

Offline EduanB

• AVForums Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 09:51:38 PM »
An entertaining review if your interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rduGgKxHxrY

Offline canman1971

• AVForums Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »
I may take chance on this next month with all the upgrades that are available: https://youtu.be/gemH2afUKA8
Current trends indicate that the future of high end headfi is going balanced? I may just hold back and go Aune DAC and AMP stack with balanced input and output, my current headphone cables were made up by custom cans UK with two twisted pairs but currently terminated with a 3.5mm jack, it will only require a swop out on connector. Views, feedback and opinions will be appreciated.

Offline BWS

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 11:16:58 AM »
Wait a while,... there's an interesting development on the way. Not obliged at this stage to elaborate :-X

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
SMSL Panda series
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »
I would try and do some research online to confirm the brands reliability. 

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za