Apple iphones

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1447

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
i was for a very long time an Apple doubter ie i never wanted one because it was always way too expensive but over the last year i realized that while the android variations are good as multimedia toys but absolutely useless as being actual phones and the reasons for this is mainly that they have IMHO pathetic microphones and poor reception quality even though most people dont realize this (this holds true for most Android phones that i have received calls from including models like Samsung S6 and S7 as well as the Huawei P9s etc)

when people phone me from android phones i thought that my hearing was going bad because i was losing almost every second word and the sentences then turn into unintelligible unmitigated garbage .... dont get me wrong - the content of the speech is mostly very interesting but with me not being able to hear most of it i was getting irked that im losing out on what people are saying

WHEREAS

the last 10 calls i got from people using iPhones it was exactly the opposite - they sounded as if they were sitting around 2 metres away from me or mostly as if they were in the same room and used strepsils or some other type of lozenge to clear their throats .... it is undeniably way better .... so while the multimedia stuff is around the same and theres the irritation that Apple uses proprietary formats for their multimedia functionality if you truly want a high end phone the only one that really makes the grade purely as a phone for me is the iPhone

too bad i cant afford one and sadly im currently unemployed so i cant get it on contract either (wont qualify for the contract) but as soon as my fortunes turn and i can afford a high end phone its gotta be Apple which is a really amazing turnaround for me

to be honest even my "R100 CNA special" Nokia (non smartphone) sounds clearer than most Android high end phones and has better reception quality as well as two weeks of battery life and the only reason why im not sticking to using that is because of the Whatsapp functionality on my crappy Samsung smartphone .... and I know the above to be fact because i lent the R100 "cheapie" to my brother for a week or two while his phone was on the blink and was being repaired