Author Topic: Fritz Gyger stylus for an Philips 412ii  (Read 215 times)

Offline ALF

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
Fritz Gyger stylus for an Philips 412ii
« on: March 02, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »
I am looking for someone that can assist me on a replacement Fritz Gyger stylus for an old Philips 412II ( gold casing ) locally
"the fostex thang".....

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
Re: Fritz Gyger stylus for an Philips 412ii
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »

Get it re tipped by expert stylus maybe?

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline ALF

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
Ok so I am not going to spend R3000.00 plus on a high end stylus for this old cartridge but I am prepare to do my first DIY stylus/cantilever swap, what I have is a small lab with all the microscopic tools en stable hands. I managed to remove a stylus from a bend cantilever and swapped it perfectly thru that hair fine small little hole in the Philips cantilever and it works, but I did not think about the orientation of the stylus on the cantilever for equal tracking so this is a flop.

so next what I am looking for from a forum member is one of your fancy damage stylus cantilevers that you don't use any more, I am then planning to keep the stylus on the bend arm and cut the cantilever precisely and join the two to keep close to perfect alignment and have a state arm with stylus.

I can buy a non OEM stylus for R500.00 but want to DIY this thing and using something nice or am I just stupid
"the fostex thang".....

Online Aqualung

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • It's all about the music, really...
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
but want to DIY this thing and using something nice or am I just stupid

One man's stupid is for another man hours of fun, experimentation, learning, frustration, failure and then, sometimes, sweet success!  :thumbs:
I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
Contact Skollie. He might be persuaded to sell you a FG stylus.

DON'T PANIC
Capie