Author Topic: NAD M25 Power amp to swop  (Read 376 times)

Offline PAPPA3

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Nakamichi Banana Plugs In Stock
NAD M25 Power amp to swop
« on: March 02, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »
This is a massive 7 x 160 watt power amp, but I only need 3-5 channels. 3 channels for fronts and a center, plus 2 for passive subs if the B&W ISW-3's I have up don't sell.

It's NAD power ratings, so nothing is inflated. Massive 44kg in weight, and individual channel controls for each channel. I have the original packaging. I'd like to swop it for a Rotel RB1095 or similar power amp, even monoblocks, plus a cash difference. If sold, i would like R26500 for the amp. Replacement I'm told by dealers now costs in the region of R103 000 - R110 000.

The 12v trigger doesn't seem to work and the one channels indicator light doesn't work, but the channel itself works.

http://hometheaterreview.com/nad-master-series-m25-7-channel-amplifier-reviewed/

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/home-cinema-systems/nad-masters-series-m56-m15hd-m25-690802/review

From a review: "Priced at $3,499, this 160-watts-per-channel seven-channel amplifier has some serious spank. It's built like a tank and comes with a design that included seven discrete channels of amplification capable of dipping down to a whopping 400-plus watts per channel when given a two-Ohm load. The NAD Masters Series M25 has been THX Ultra2-certified, meaning that their power ratings meet THX's high standards and avoid the spec gamesmanship seen with other products. The sound of the NAD Masters Series has a hefty low end but also, more noticeably, a smoother mid- and high-frequency response than the lower-level NAD line"

Offline PAPPA3

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Nakamichi Banana Plugs In Stock
Re: NAD M25 Power amp to swop
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 01:14:46 PM »
This has been serviced.  2 main caps replaced plus two smaller caps.  12v Trigger works, and led light replaced, so back in 100% working order. 

I got a Yamaha Z11, so i no longer need a power amp.

No longer for swap, thanks