Author Topic: QED XT400 extra bright speaker cable 2.5m pairs.  (Read 519 times)

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
QED XT400 extra bright speaker cable 2.5m pairs.
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:34:12 PM »

QED XT400 Speaker Cable.  2.5 Metre pairs x 2.  R1800.00 per pair

Silver plated copper.
Is your BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (300B) amplifier a little dul?
The hearing not what it used to be and things a bit rolled off on top?
You are using full range drivers and long for a super tweeter?
Maybe you blew your tweeters?
This cable will help and will bring a breezy shimmer to it all. Natural? No. Relaxing? H3ll no. Bright? Yes, very bright, very clever!!!

Lots of awards though from them Brits in that What HiFi advertorial....

1 Pair with Bananas all round, the other spades on amp, bananas on speaker. These are the proper airlock connectors.
A pair would sell new in the UK at GBP180.00, add 15% import duty on electrical cable and R3400 is a likely retail price.
I would take R1750.00 per pair and R3300.00 for both. The Spade and banana combo makes Bi Wiring easy with these.

QED's multi-award winning XT400 speaker cable, utilising X-TubeTM technology
Silver-plated oxygen-free copper tubular conductor geometry. For use in the finest hi-fi and home theatre systems. This design delivers a massive cross-sectional area using X-TubeTM technology to eliminate the skin effect whilst maintaining a user friendly “figure of 8” geometry. This is QED’s ultimate affordable upgrade for high end systems

FEATURES AND BENEFITS
X-Tube Technology
At low frequencies both X-TubeTM and conventional stranded/solid core speaker cables convey signals in a linear way. However, at high frequencies, X-TubeTM retains a near-linear signal transfer, whereas the conventional cable fails to conduct uniformly across the entire conductor area. The result is that X-TubeTM delivers greater fidelity across the audio spectrum which would other wise be lost in ordinary cables.
Silver plated 99.999% oxygen free copper conductors
Provides a low frequency path for the audio signal and delivers stunning high frequency detail

Specifications
Wire gauge - 12 AWG
Jacket OD - 6.00mm
Cross-sectional area - 4.00mm˛
Loop resistance - 0.008 Ω/m
Capacitance - 43pF/m
Inductance - 0.50 µH/m
Dissipation factor - 0.0400

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline Phase

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: QED XT400 extra bright speaker cable 2.5m pairs.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:42:06 AM »
BRILLIANT! Thanks G a really good chuckle :giggle:.

Offline xenithon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 05:55:34 AM »
Peak Brightness: 1,500 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 10,000 : 1
Luminance: 4,000 nits

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 07:40:51 AM »
Just realised.   The XT must stand for Xtra Treble.

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 07:49:31 AM »
I have been using this cable for about 18 months.  The initial impression was that the sound was crisper, but not annoyingly so

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:43:33 AM »
I have been using this cable for about 18 months.  The initial impression was that the sound was crisper, but not annoyingly so

Here is your opportunity to tri-wire!!!!

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
QED XT400 extra bright speaker cable 2.5m pairs.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 01:12:44 PM »
I seem to scaring you guys with the bit of urine I am extracting. 

Like they would say in the Cape.   Die wyn is nie suur nie, hy is nie soet nie. 

The XT400 isn't easy going and gentle...