Author Topic: Furutech launches new top-of-the-line wall receptacle outlet cover 105-D  (Read 605 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Re: Furutech launches new top-of-the-line wall receptacle outlet cover 105-D
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 10:00:58 AM »
One thing I though of is that the (superior) material of the cover prevents you from inadvertently sticking your fingers past the front of the socket and touching a live terminal.  A PVC cover might not allow that level of safety

I actually found a picture of someone being affected by negative ions.  You can see the relief on her face as she realises she has been saved from this affliction

Offline 2wice

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
The most convoluted description I've ever seen for a composite material. What the purpose is, I'm really not quite sure?
Should be fairly obvious.
To lighten your wallet.
Trenton Carr
Montana Park
Pretoria

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Furutech - Pure Transmission
    • AVCables - High-End Audio
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 10:50:22 AM »
One thing I though of is that the (superior) material of the cover prevents you from inadvertently sticking your fingers past the front of the socket and touching a live terminal.  A PVC cover might not allow that level of safety

I actually found a picture of someone being affected by negative ions.  You can see the relief on her face as she realises she has been saved from this affliction

Good grief!! And I thought I am the amateur in this Forum! :headbanger:

This has absolutely nothing to do with negative ions and medical conditions; but I presume one gets a kick from making such presumptuous stirring statements. :sh1tstirrer:

For those with an open mind and willingness to learn, here is my original explanation of Furutech's new NCF technology:

NCF ‐ Nano Crystal² Formula ‐ Nano Crystalline, Ceramic and Carbon Powder Incorporated into select Furutech products, Nano Crystal² Formula ‐‐‐ NCF is comprised of a special crystalline material that has two “active” properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static and secondly, it converts thermal energy into far‐infrared. Furutech then combines this remarkable crystalline material with nano‐sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional “Piezo Effect” damping properties. The resulting Nano Crystal² Formula is the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material – only found in Furutech products! Nano Crystal² Formula eliminates static, “interconverts” thermal, mechanical and electrical energy and damps vibrations—all for the finest Furutech Pure Transmission signal imaginable.

Jeandre

"Free you mind...Free your sensesTM"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AVCables

Offline lanties

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town - Bellville - Protea Valley
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 11:00:18 AM »
^^^huh? I am definitely and amateur. Would you mind explaining the above?

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 11:14:32 AM »
^^^huh? I am definitely and amateur. Would you mind explaining the above?

I did explain it in simple English....what I can do is send you more detailed information...please drop me an email.
Jeandre

Offline lanties

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town - Bellville - Protea Valley
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »
I did explain it in simple English....what I can do is send you more detailed information...please drop me an email.

No need. Thank you. I am sure more of the same will not help me.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox

Offline Timber_MG

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 01:17:50 PM »
NCF ‐ Nano Crystal² Formula ‐ Nano Crystalline, Ceramic and Carbon Powder Incorporated into select Furutech products, Nano Crystal² Formula ‐‐‐ NCF is comprised of a special crystalline material that has two “active” properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static and secondly, it converts thermal energy into far‐infrared. Furutech then combines this remarkable crystalline material with nano‐sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional “Piezo Effect” damping properties. The resulting Nano Crystal² Formula is the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material – only found in Furutech products! Nano Crystal² Formula eliminates static, “interconverts” thermal, mechanical and electrical energy and damps vibrations—all for the finest Furutech Pure Transmission signal imaginable.

I'll translate the marketing speak: It proposes that they passed a black, anti-static ceramic filler through a ball mill to make it very fine (particle sizes smaller than one um) before adding it to their likely injection molding process along with other additives such as carbon (likely limited as there are safety standards for insulation). Other additives are mandated such as fire retardants. Ball milling is a standard process for crushing fine particulate additives.

Offline kamikazi

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
Health Benefits of Far Infrared Radiation:

Far infrared have been linked to a few different health benefits, including:

— Treatment of chronic health problems, like high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, and rheumatoid arthritis
— Treatment of sunburn. In fact, according to Clayton’s Electrotherapy, 9th Edition, far infrared radiation is the only treatment for excessive ultraviolet radiation
— Treatment of acne. When using far infrared radiation to treat acne, a dermatologist may use specialized skin care equipment – like Smoothbeam or CoolTouch – to direct focused infrared radiation onto acne scars and acne. According to all reports, however, these treatments cause significant pain. When visiting an infrared sauna, some users have reported enjoying these acne-curing benefits with absolutely no pain. FIR saunas encourage stubborn, clogged pores to release toxins and clear up acne.
— Enhance Qi energy. According to ancient Chinese medicine, your Qi is your life energy. Stressful modern lifestyles and poor diets can cause or Qi pathways to become blocked. Restoring balance to your Qi can improve overall energy and boost physiological health.
— Alleviate physical pain throughout the body. According to Chapter 9 of Therapeutic Heat and Cold, Fourth Edition, far infrared heat therapy can be used to cure common aches and pains throughout the body. It can be used to decrease joint stiffness, for example, relieve muscle spasms, and increase blood flow throughout the body.
— Treat dental problems. Surprisingly, some dentists are ordering far infrared equipment for their clinics. Far infrared could be used to treat gum diseases, tooth pain, muscular spasms, and various other inflammations of the mouth.
— Weight loss. Surprisingly, a single FIR session can burn up to 600 calories because the body has to work hard to cool itself. Your heart rate also increases to a point where it feels like moderate exercise.
— Better cardiovascular health. FIR may be able to neutralize blood toxicity and smooth the walls of arteries, capillaries, and veins. This can blast away years of fat, fibrin, calcium, and cellular debris buildup. Ultimately, that means better cardiovascular health and a reduced risk of heart disease.

Many of the powerful benefits of infrared radiation are caused by the fact that FIR penetrates the skin. When FIR is absorbed by the body, it generates heat. When exposed to infrared radiation, the surface of your skin isn’t directly exposed to heat: instead, FIR heats your body from the inside. Courtesy of Supplement Police

Benefits appear numerous and solve a lot of audio listener related health problems!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:35:23 PM by kamikazi »

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 01:32:15 PM »
I'll translate the marketing speak: It proposes that they passed a black, anti-static ceramic filler through a ball mill to make it very fine (particle sizes smaller than one um) before adding it to their likely injection molding process along with other additives such as carbon (likely limited as there are safety standards for insulation). Other additives are mandated such as fire retardants. Ball milling is a standard process for crushing fine particulate additives.

Thanks Timber for your constructive input :2thumbs:
Jeandre

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 01:37:49 PM »
Generating negative ions & FIR. Impressive.

So basically, in non-technical speak, they've combined a Himalayan salt lamp with a FIR heater circuit in an electrical socket & cover. If nothing else it should make the owner feel a great deal better, just as Himalayan Salt lamps and FIR heating does.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 01:47:31 PM »
Generating negative ions & FIR. Impressive.

So basically, in non-technical speak, they've combined a Himalayan salt lamp with a FIR heater circuit in an electrical socket & cover. If nothing else it should make the owner feel a great deal better, just as Himalayan Salt lamps and FIR heating does.

Your neighbours are probably complaining..... :roll: Why not get one of these "gizmos" and start entertaining them with really good-sounding music? :thumbs:
Jeandre

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »
Your neighbours are probably complaining..... :roll: Why not get one of these "gizmos" and start entertaining them with really good-sounding music? :thumbs:

Not sure I have a need! Improvisation - after all, I already have 2 salt lamps, and a Driver Resonator (FIR type heat generator electric thingiemabob) - all of which admittedly is for sale. Just haven't found anyone gullible enough yet, not even on the 'tree!).

What I will do tonight when I get home is move & switch on the lamps - one on each side of the the mains outlet that runs the AV & stereo equipment (it'll have to share an outlet though, not sure if that'll make a difference) & I'll set up the resonator as well - place one pad on each lamp, and another on the mains outlet whilst the last three I'll place on the equipment. Not so sure about the WAF though.......
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline Timber_MG

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 02:34:45 PM »
Thanks Timber for your constructive input :2thumbs:

Thing is...there is nothing unusual in using fillers in plastic electrical outlets. Is there a SANS/ ISO/IEC certificate of conformity that makes these legal to use in SA homes?

Offline Crankshaft

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »
Do the covers come in white?

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 03:01:37 PM »
Do the covers come in white?

Timber, I will provide an answer soon, but keep in mind that even prior to the existence of Furutech, hi-fi enthusiasts have been purchasing US wall outlets for their hi-fi systems; mainly because most local distributors of high-end power cables could only import those pre-terminated cables with a US Male plug on it....so...my question is....how did they manage to flood the market for years with US solutions for hi-fi if there is no local regulation in this regard?? Maybe a point for discussion under the public Forum - General Discussions?

Jeandre