Author Topic: On Wall Speakers  (Read 576 times)

Offline vee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
On Wall Speakers
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:38:50 AM »
Hi all - Im considering changing my setup to on wall speakers. The current setup is a pair of B&W 603 S3's, B&W LCR 600 and Polk audio dipole surrounds.Plus a 120" fixed frame screen and PJ. Used for movies 60% and music 40%. My 1yr old needs a playroom LOL and its not going to work with the current setup - if I can let go of the current speakers and not have to pay too much in for the on walls it will be an option for me. (wife friendly as well)

Ive done some googling and see that Paradigm/Boston make on walls...definitive technology seems to be highly rated as well

Are there any recommendations for on walls that will give me similar quality as the B&W's? Looking to create a 5.1 setup to be used predominantly for movies. We recently got fibre installed at home so I would move the amp/dstv/blu ray to the garage to create more play space...

We are doing extensions and I plan to make a 2ch stereo setup in the home office...

Thanks in advance for the replies

Offline StewartAylett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
Re: On Wall Speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 09:18:57 AM »
Can Highly Recommend the Kef T Series On Wall Speakers
I Have the T205 Package and for the Same Reason (Kids) I went with the On Wall System
A Link to My System Install
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,61159.0.html

For Me It's 80% Movies and I love them totally Blown Away with the Performance from Such Small Speakers

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »
I had a set of Monitor Audio on walls which performed very well,but not that good for stereo.

Currently using B&W In Walls & In Ceilings which are damn good for movies but found the stereo not that great either.

The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline vee

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »
Can Highly Recommend the Kef T Series On Wall Speakers
I Have the T205 Package and for the Same Reason (Kids) I went with the On Wall System
A Link to My System Install
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,61159.0.html

For Me It's 80% Movies and I love them totally Blown Away with the Performance from Such Small Speakers
Hi Stewart - saw your build, very nice. I will investigate these further - thanks for the heads up...

Offline vee

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
I had a set of Monitor Audio on walls which performed very well,but not that good for stereo.

Currently using B&W In Walls & In Ceilings which are damn good for movies but found the stereo not that great either.
Thanks CAD. My ceilings are slabs so in walls are not going to work...I have looked at the M1's but not sure they will fill the room with the depth of sound...