Author Topic: Shure M95ed Cartridge Alternatives  (Read 362 times)

Offline DC

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Member
Shure M95ed Cartridge Alternatives
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »
I've just acquired a Technics SL 1300 fitted with a Shure M95ed cartridge. Everything works well but I suspect the cartridge is past its best. Any recommendations as to a high performance-reasonable cost replacement cartridge? AT95e (although the output is lower)?

Online fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
Re: Shure M95ed Cartridge Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:24:02 PM »
Depends on how much you are prepared to spend. But yes, at95e is a good alternative.
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when youíve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline fredeb

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Lost in Music
ďAnd those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.Ē
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • It's all about the music, really...
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
I'd just acquire new stylus , would probably have to be aftermarket equivalent .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nadel-fur-Shure-N-M-95-ED-EJ-M95ED-M95EDM-NEU-/260300042653?hash=item3c9b17719d:g:EGAAAOSwDNdVmmYF

I agree. I have bought that stylus from Thakker before, and was very happy with it, for that price.  :thumbs: And isn't Scott in the UK, and taking orders, right now?
I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Online skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »
I've just acquired a Technics SL 1300 fitted with a Shure M95ed cartridge. Everything works well but I suspect the cartridge is past its best. Any recommendations as to a high performance-reasonable cost replacement cartridge? AT95e (although the output is lower)?

If you make me a reasonable offer of a whisker below R4K for the Nagatron, you will have a very special and rare cartridge. See here https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,61919.msg762971.html#msg762971

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx