Ampdog, noticed your comment about salvaged capacitors from PC's, I wonder if you could give a bit more information to enlighten us, I have used capacitors in a number of projects for years with no apparent problems so far, possibly I have been lucky. What I have aways done after removing items is check them on a bridge for value and then at operating voltage for leakage, I have found dicky ones and I had always put it down to too much heat involved when removing them. Possibly they were already faulty before removal, I had not thought of that before. Thanks for the warning I must keep it in mind.
I also salvage items from faulty energy saver lamps, diodes, low value resistors and capacitors, both the low value 400 volt electrolytics and others.