Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro and DT1990 Pro

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPlanAudio

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi. John whom many of you know as a seasoned audiophile from TID came through to our store on Fri afternoon to demo the new Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro and the DT1990 Pro that have just arrived in SA

The DT1770 Pro are closed back and the DT 1990 Pro are open. They both retail for around the 11k mark.

Both headphones are unique in that they have replacements earpads which change the characteristics of the sound.The one set of earpads produces a very warm bass while the other set produces a very neutral sound.

I was inclined to prefer the neutral pads although late at night when chilling out might I think the warmer pair might be a better choice. At least one has the option.

I was most surprised with the quality of sound from the DT1770 Pro as it is hard to find closed back headphones in that price range providing a neutral audiophile sound. The closest I have come to is the Audio Technica W1000Z (about 17k) which also has a neutral sound but then you cannot change over to a warmer sound when you need it like the DT1770 Pro.

It is going to be interesting to hear what the non-Pro versions that will be coming out soon sound like. According to John, he will be bringing them in as well as a new headphone from Beyer which will fill the gap in-between the T1's and this range

Will keep you updated as I get more info from John.

Regards
Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts