Author Topic: Ceiling Speakers ( Light bulb Sized)  (Read 1455 times)

Offline StewartAylett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
Ceiling Speakers ( Light bulb Sized)
« on: February 02, 2017, 10:35:10 AM »
Has Anyone Got these type of Speakers Installed

Wanting them for the Bathrooms so they don't need to be loud Just sound good
Just wondering If anyone had any experience ? or had any installed in their homes

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Ceiling Speakers ( Light bulb Sized)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 10:58:44 AM »
Those Cambridge Audio speakers pictured use BMW drivers .... you should read up on those to see if you will like their sonic signature ..... some forum members don't

Also since you want to use in the bathroom is would rather look at speakers designed for marine/boat usage since bathrooms can get steamy so IMHO you need speakers with a degree of moisture resistance

Offline StewartAylett

• AVForums Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 11:04:27 AM »
Those Cambridge Audio speakers pictured use BMW drivers .... you should read up on those to see if you will like their sonic signature ..... some forum members don't

Also since you want to use in the bathroom is would rather look at speakers designed for marine/boat usage since bathrooms can get steamy so IMHO you need speakers with a degree of moisture resistance
Had A look at These from Kef safe for Bathrooms
The Ci50 Is the Same size as my downlights and The Rest of my house I Run Kef so why change

or the ci80

Offline naughty

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:49:22 PM »

sorry not BMW drivers .... (bloody auto-correct on the cellphone) its actually BMR (Balanced Mode Radiators)

those Kef ones may suit your requirements as long as they have a measure of moisture resistance  :thumbs:

Offline StewartAylett

• AVForums Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 09:38:18 AM »
sorry not BMW drivers .... (bloody auto-correct on the cellphone) its actually BMR (Balanced Mode Radiators)

those Kef ones may suit your requirements as long as they have a measure of moisture resistance  :thumbs:

Have Checked They All Good For Bathroom Use
However I Have seen these Speakers and Wondering If Anyone Has any Knowledge / experience with them 1 speaker outputting stereo

Offline Ju_dy@RT

• Commercial Member
    • Remedytec
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »
We sell the Monitor Audio ones...

I think LeonJHB still has some installed.  PM him he will give you an honest review.

Offline Ravo

• AVForums Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 07:26:30 AM »
Been researching the bathroom speaker options recently, and although it does not need to be loud, it still needs to overcome the noise from the shower.  Purchased the POLK RC60i last week and extremely impressed with them. Read close to 80 reviews on them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Reng

• AVForums Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 06:09:43 PM »
If you replace the lights you will have Music but shower in the dark - does not make sense :sh1tstirrer:

Offline naughty

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 07:04:13 PM »
If you replace the lights you will have Music but shower in the dark - does not make sense :sh1tstirrer:

I dont think he wants to replace the lights - you can keep the lights but most people will be able to comparatively easily make holes in the correct size for spot lights or downlighters (usually around 80mm) far easier than for example to make holes for 8" or larger speaker drivers