Author Topic: Shure V15 Type III  (Read 694 times)

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • It's all about the music, really...
    • Bokdrolletjies
Shure V15 Type III
« on: January 27, 2017, 12:26:20 PM »
I have a Shure V15 Type III LM cart in a Dual outer body, attached to a Dual headshell insert (sled), that I want to transplant into a regular SME mount outer body.

Does anyone (preferably in Cape Town, where I am) have an old, broken Shure cart that I can use the outer body of?

Alternatively, if you have a Dual TT, and a regular unused Shure V15 Type III, to swop it for my great condition Dual-mount V15 Type III LM with headshell insert? (not including sylus).

There are nice wooden bodies for the Shure on ebay, but that will have to wait a while...  :thumbs:
I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
    • Bokdrolletjies
Re: Shure V15 Type III
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »

Does anyone (preferably in Cape Town, where I am) have an old, broken Shure cart that I can use the outer body of?

PS I do not mean and old, broken V15 Type III body - any number of other Shure black plastic outer bodies will work for my purposes  :thumbs:
I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:35:20 AM »
PPS I do not mean an old, broken V15 Type III body specifically - not all, but some other Shure black plastic outer bodies may work?
Any other ideas?  :nfi:

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 09:53:27 AM »
Shure V15 Type 11 stylus holder shanks are smaller in diameter and will not fit Shure bodies and coil canister as those are bigger in diameter.

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 10:13:24 AM »
Thanks Skollie, and I suspect I am not using the correct terms here...

What I am trying to say is: the stylus (part 1) slides into the metal body (part 2) then the metal body is glued into a plastic container (part 3) which I call the "outer body/shell" that has the 2 holes through which one would fit the cartridge mounting screws.

I have a Part 2 body glued into a Part 3 outer plastic body/shell, and this Part 3 plastic shell is customised for a Dual headshell. I want to reift the Part 2 body into a "new" Part 3 plastic / wood / metal outer body so that I can use this V15 Type III cart in a normal SME type headshell.

Thanks,
J

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 10:16:03 AM »
Like the wooden body in this picture - I have all the black bits.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:18:23 AM by Aqualung »

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »
I made better looking wood bodies your pic. Anyway, I have an original Chrome-plated Type 111 plastic shell for you for a 6-pack Windhoek Lager dumpies (filled with the golden nectar, of course). I'm here today but back to hospital tomorrow.

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 11:30:59 AM »
>> I'm here today but back to hospital tomorrow.

Hopefully just for a day or less? I hate hospitals with a passion.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »
I made better looking wood bodies your pic. Anyway, I have an original Chrome-plated Type 111 plastic shell for you for a 6-pack Windhoek Lager dumpies (filled with the golden nectar, of course). I'm here today but back to hospital tomorrow.

skollie

Hi Skollie, many thanks - I will take it. 6-pack with pleasure. I will contact you to arrange a pick-up.
Regards,
Johan

PS Best wishes for tomorrow.

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 06:26:07 PM »
Re-potted Shure V15 Type III cartridge and original SupertrackPlus stylus - singing sweetly on my Technics Sp10 MkII turntable!

Thank you, Skollie. Enjoy the beer!

Mods, Please lock.