Author Topic: Imports: Scott's Shipping Services  (Read 102184 times)

Offline ScottulusMaximus

Re: Imports: Scott's Shipping Services
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2019, 08:23:04 AM »
!!! BLACK FRIDAY DEAL !!!

jks

We prefer to offer value all year round and not artificially inflate prices just to "discount", however commercially effective that is.

We're just a click away for any deals you do find:

https://www.scottshipping.co.za/quote/
Importing made easy!

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2019, 09:05:47 AM »
PLEASE NOTE: We will be CLOSED December 21st through January 5th.

No queries will be responded to during this time.

Orders placed from today may only be delivered in the new year.

Scott
Importing made easy!

Offline Schalk

« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »
Hi Scott,

Last week I had a HUGE loss sending via TCG to East London, gunpoint hijack of 8 ton truck.  I gather from your company name SHIPPING services that you normally do not do courier in SA, door to door? I am hesitant to go this way again.

Any suggestion or remedy you might offer? I have to send a similar parcel to recompense the buyer and do not see the incident as HIS issue as he was actually doing me a favour.

Of course, I know even the truck carrying the gold from Reserve bank could theoretically be hijacked at gunpoint and be driven off with.

Thanks for your reply :thumbs:

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #303 on: December 10, 2019, 08:30:15 AM »
Hi Scott,

Last week I had a HUGE loss sending via TCG to East London, gunpoint hijack of 8 ton truck.  I gather from your company name SHIPPING services that you normally do not do courier in SA, door to door? I am hesitant to go this way again.

Any suggestion or remedy you might offer? I have to send a similar parcel to recompense the buyer and do not see the incident as HIS issue as he was actually doing me a favour.

Of course, I know even the truck carrying the gold from Reserve bank could theoretically be hijacked at gunpoint and be driven off with.

Thanks for your reply :thumbs:

You can view our local courier options here: https://www.scottshipping.co.za/local-shipping/

We however use TCG too, shipment loss is always a risk with any provider, insurance should be specified for high value items.
Importing made easy!

Offline Agaton Sax

« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2019, 11:01:51 AM »
I do wish someone would post a well informed sticky on this whole issue.

When Achim recently sent me a brand new item  worth 300k ,I had a hell of a time returning it. All couriers would only insure to R50k. So we  (that is she because we is usually long suffering beloved she)  approached our insurance broker. Best they could come up with was R12k for the single trip but excluding theft!

Schalk and I are both seriously bruised here and trembling with post traumatic stress, so sage advice, anybody?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:04:19 AM by Agaton Sax »

Offline Toxxyc

« Reply #305 on: December 10, 2019, 11:16:39 AM »
Depending on the distance, either deliver it personally or get a delivery company who's willing to insure it?  What was the item/value/loss you guys suffered?  Sounds terrible...

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2019, 02:55:07 PM »
I do wish someone would post a well informed sticky on this whole issue.

When Achim recently sent me a brand new item  worth 300k ,I had a hell of a time returning it. All couriers would only insure to R50k. So we  (that is she because we is usually long suffering beloved she)  approached our insurance broker. Best they could come up with was R12k for the single trip but excluding theft!

Schalk and I are both seriously bruised here and trembling with post traumatic stress, so sage advice, anybody?

You're looking for "Goods In Transit Insurance", not sure if available to individuals however, is usually an add on to business insurance.
Importing made easy!

Offline Toxxyc

« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2019, 03:17:28 PM »
I had an option to insure my entire household contents when moving, and the fee was pretty low.  Was something like 48 hours insurance on R350k's of goods for something like R120, or some silly amount like that.  Was pretty good value.

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #308 on: December 20, 2019, 10:58:10 AM »
PLEASE NOTE: We will be CLOSED December 21st through January 5th.

No queries will be responded to during this time.
Importing made easy!

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2020, 08:50:06 AM »
We are !!!OPEN!!!

Busy dealing with the backlog and getting a lot of queries, will get back to everyone asap. Phones will be off till next week.
Importing made easy!

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2020, 09:57:42 AM »
Stock loaded onto the boB store including the brand new nVidia Shield TV PRO!

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/2983527/ScottShipping
Importing made easy!

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2020, 08:14:59 AM »
Elves are busy on the website so a few things may be screwy, if you're having issues you can use the contact form or just PM.

Thanks!

Scott

https://www.scottshipping.co.za/contact/
Importing made easy!

Offline Gerlach

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Far Far away there was a land that was far away.
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2020, 01:53:07 PM »
@ScottulusMaximus Canyou maybe give a update, is all exporting stop from China at the moment with the virus, or do you have a way around this?
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Online Katji

« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2020, 03:20:53 PM »
AKA  How much risk wrt virus contamination of goods /packaging/plastic.  Which comes from China on cargo flights not passenger flights.

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2020, 08:15:11 AM »
@ScottulusMaximus Canyou maybe give a update, is all exporting stop from China at the moment with the virus, or do you have a way around this?

If the seller is dispatching things are moving but a lot are using this as an extended holiday unfortunately.

AKA  How much risk wrt virus contamination of goods /packaging/plastic.  Which comes from China on cargo flights not passenger flights.

Risk is 0, virus can't survive that long.