Rega Planar 3 Windfall!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akomeogi

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
So we went through to Knysna for a few days to visit the parents.

On Saturday my better half and the mommy-in-law went browsing the antique and charity shops, so during the morning I get a call from my wife to inform me that she found a turntable, in reasonable condition.... :winkwink:

On enquiry I was able to establish that it was a Rega Planar 3 with an arm and dustcover, going for R250.00. At that price I told her to grab it and bring it home!!!  :Whoohoo:

When she arrived there was good and bad news:

The good: Very good overall condition, excellent dustcover, what I believe is an RB300 arm with the tungsten counterweight, fitted with an Andante E moving magnet cartridge and stylus that looks to be OK (google reveals that this is probably a Grace F9, but I'm not sure), standard sub-platter with a flawless bearing shaft and stainless steel ball bearing, and the motor works fine - Basically all there and original!

The Bad: It came without the glass platter and the belt needs replacement....

Unable to post pictures at the moment, but I've cleaned it up, polished the dustcover a little and cleaned and lubricated the bearing.

So, I am in search of a platter (please see my post in the wanted section). I am hoping that a fellow member might have upgraded to a different platter and/or someone might have a spare platter available.

All-in-all though I am pretty pleased with what I believe to be quite a bargain to kick-start the beginning of the new year! 

Regards

Latest posts