Author Topic: Getting my Schiit together  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
Re: Getting my Schiit together
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2017, 08:53:33 PM »
I've spent the better part of the day in my recliner, cans on...Yggdrasil balanced out to Joty, balanced out to Sennheiser HD800. They make a great combo. No harshness, nothing fatiguing, oodles of detail and very musical. Given a choice I'd buy the same again.
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Scubadude

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Depressed? Cans on, volume up, ignore the world!
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 09:36:16 PM »

I've spent the better part of the day in my recliner, cans on...Yggdrasil balanced out to Joty, balanced out to Sennheiser HD800. They make a great combo. No harshness, nothing fatiguing, oodles of detail and very musical. Given a choice I'd buy the same again.

That is a great recommendation!  Must say from what I've heard of your Schiit I fully understand why.  Care to share some newly discovered reference tracks?  I created a thread just for that  :groovy:
"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2017, 05:39:42 AM »
^^^ I hardly ever listen like that unless listening to someone else's recommendation and what to listen for, so it's nigh on impossible for me to make a recommendation unless something stood out for me whilst listening in general.
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.