Author Topic: For the metalheads (of all genres of metal)  (Read 204 times)

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
For the metalheads (of all genres of metal)
« on: December 21, 2016, 08:43:02 PM »
You may find something that lights yr lemon in this rather extensive review of the year in metal.  Note, trad metal (hard rock/poodle rock depending on whether they blow (wave) is towards the end.

http://thequietus.com/articles/21497-best-metal-2016-review

So yes RJ and BWS, I got a thread!
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Re: For the metalheads (of all genres of metal)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 09:15:39 PM »
One interesting album I listened to was "The Vivaldi Project" which falls under the genre of Metal.  One or two of the tracks were quite original, if very noisy and rough sounding.   Most other metal sounds horrible to me, but I can appreciate that many people might find it entertaining, a bit like visiting a demonstration of an autopsy for the first time

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 09:41:25 PM »
You may find something that lights yr lemon in this rather extensive review of the year in metal.  Note, trad metal (hard rock/poodle rock depending on whether they blow (wave) is towards the end.

http://thequietus.com/articles/21497-best-metal-2016-review

So yes RJ and BWS, I got a thread!

I mentioned this theme a while back :thumbs: 2016 was the year of the Thrash comeback in particular
Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 09:42:22 PM »
One interesting album I listened to was "The Vivaldi Project"

I believe i linked it in the Now Playing thread
Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 10:58:38 PM »
My first thought on reading the article was 'What? No Babymetal? Thank the Lord'  my second was 'The Body - Yes, yes, yes'.  Don't think Haikai No Ku (Temporary Infinity) was 2016 - just dragged it out to play and it was 2015.  Usually lumped in with metal but mainly stoner sludge drone.
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?