Schiit Jotenheim import

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duan

Reaction score
Good day,

I am new to this forum and is interested in getting the Schiit Jotenheim as my new headphone amplifier and have never imported something from them. I am thinking of using postbox courier for the import and I want to avoid Post Office clearance(because the last time I imported something was my Philips Fidelio x2 headphones from ebay and needed to wait like 2 months due to customs clearance).

I do know that Schiit also imports directly but I am not sure which shipping service to use ie Fedex(International economy/priority) or USPS, which one is better and why?
My concern is what happens to my Jot when it lands in South Africa.

I am also looking into getting the modi multibit a little later and will first be using the NuPrime udsd as dac. I have seen posts on the forum of people using Schiit products and would love to hear your experience with what import servce to use whether through postbox courier or import directly and avoiding the long customs clearance (although I do know that I'll be paying VAT and customs duties probably).
My next headphone will be the Sennheiser HD650/HD6xx(if massdrop does drop them again in the future)

Any feedback and help will be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts