Author Topic: 13 The Loft...Great Opening Offers - only for those who "appear"  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Jazzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • S.E.T. for life!
Re: 13 The Loft...Great Opening Offers - only for those who "appear"
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 04:13:51 PM »
Thanks for the comments on the Clearaudio Phono, a product I wasnt aware of but have now read up a lot on. Are you in a position to mention the cartridges used in the comparison with the Ref3 and the settings (loading/gain)? comments on instrument timbre, warmth/neutrality between the 2 Phonos? thanks   
The Vinyl Frontier!

Offline Darrell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
  • Cruising in the Stratosphere ......
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 10:46:29 PM »
Clearaudio Titanium on the Ref 3, and Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement with the Absolute inside. Timbre and neutrality were extremely lifelike on the solid state, with the right amount of warmth and transparency to pull you into the music immediately, in comparison (I know this sounds bizarre) the valve kit seemed cooler than real life. The Absolute inside also definitely has more bandwidth, first time I have heard solid state spank valves, and I was running a valve amp prior the upgrade.....

Offline Jazzy

• AVForums Veteran
  • S.E.T. for life!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 06:59:25 AM »
Thanks for the response D. I dunno about the Ref3 but the 2 needed around 800hrs to run the caps in according to some reviews. Wondered how old "your" sample was but then realised that you might not have gone into such detail (plus loading/gain etc) in a demo session. Also interesting that it wasn't in a "similar" system if the cartridges were different. I am (+ a friend) intrigued by the Absolute and will be visiting Achim in about 6 months for a listen.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:11:29 AM by Jazzy »
The Vinyl Frontier!

Offline Kemosabe

• Undertaker
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 12:21:21 PM »
Yip. I think your ears would definitely have burned in after 800 hrs.
DIY hi-fi: the journey is the destination.

Offline Jazzy

• AVForums Veteran
  • S.E.T. for life!
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05:22 PM »
Hahaha, yess!!
The Vinyl Frontier!

Offline Jazzy

• AVForums Veteran
  • S.E.T. for life!
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 10:26:59 PM »
Geez I feel like I killed this thread! Was only trying to find 'common' ground. I personally think there were too many variables for a fair comparison. Different carts/arms/TT/loading/VTA/VTF/System/etc. I feel that analogue front ends are too complicated in setup parameters and that one has to go to great lengths to do fair comparisons. As an e.g. last year I learnt that TTS have to be calibrated to the exact same speed (Feickert app. Etc.) before comparison. Anyway, long live 13hof long live!
The Vinyl Frontier!

Offline Darrell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
  • Cruising in the Stratosphere ......
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 09:55:17 PM »
And then .......................... the CA Goldfinger Statement cartridge arrived ...................... and after 75 hours run in AUDIO BLISS. Absolutely stunning sound, improving by a fair margin on the Zyx Universe 2. Achim, now for those Avantegards  :rubhands:

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 02:48:53 PM »
well .....Darrell... I m ready ;)

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »
Here’s a few of my 13TheLoft photos, they do not do it justice and the trouble with photos is they cannot convey how amazing the sound was.

https://postimg.org/gallery/1duepeubo/

Another big thank you to Achim, you are a Gentleman and a Scholar, one day I may take you up on a Bavarian Forest visit :dop:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:24:38 PM by JonnyP »
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline preamplified

• Commercial Member
  • www.13direct.co.za
    • 13 Direct
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »
Great looking pictures! Thanks Jonny

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 10:14:09 AM »
yes Jon....very nice shots....

How do you liked my exotic crossoverless electrostats? Isnt that something truly special? The only electrostats I loved been the mighty CLS by Martin Logan....long time ago. Its amazing to hear that this great result even got pushed further... I think they are incredible.

Online fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 11:39:23 AM »
How do you liked my exotic crossoverless electrostats? Isnt that something truly special?
Some details on those please?
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »
..its a little company in Serbia..and someone in the audio industry (who I truly admire for his knowledge) recommended my their products.
Check on Soltanus .... they have quite a range of products but because I never liked Hybrids - I only import these fullys.... and they re mind blowing. Just now with the stronger Rand they cost landed in SA retail 120K

I sold 2 pairs so far to very happy clients... they choose them simply because their sound is amazing - they dont need much space - they are not that critical to their amplifiers and they murder far biiger and far more expensive Electrostatic Speakers.

Online fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
Thanks, I know the brand.  :thumbs: Didn't know about the crossover-less one though.
Very, very good. The crossover-less full range ESL was always in the sights of all (well, at least US) ESL manufacturers but alas, technology/materials/cost always won that battle and all big full range ESLs we know have separate LF/.../HF crossover signal paths often mixed back into full-range after the Step-Up audio transformer(s).
This one must have one hell-of-a transformer to cover the full Fq range. I wonder whether they used a toroid or a core type ...?
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 02:08:20 PM »
check the review of 6Moons....  the Soltanus Virtuoso.... funny comment on the price: are you kidding...

Indeed such Performance of Electrostats is very rare...and usually cost triple the price or even more...