Quick BK-201's for Corals

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugo Biermann

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Got the 2 Corals from a friend some years ago and always wanted to do something with them. I never got to setting up a rig to measure them.

The horns are built with offcut stock from work. Spent the last week clamping them up. No screws used at all.

Dropped them in this morning to see what the results are like and was quite amased that the corals actually like being in these scoops. Absolute minimum damping material in the chamber. The Corals are defiantly not the Seas' they are replacing and the hf is a bit funny with its metallic diaphram, but they can play music in these horns. Articulate midrange  and tight mid / upper bass. Drums actually sound quite alive and upright bass sound like the player is standing there. Had them running for a bit with a variety of tunes on my 7020 and concluded that they are suitable replacements for my tired seas monitors. Bottom end extension is as good as it can get with the small horn, but definaltly more than sufficient. Should have built them a long time ago.

Will finish the ply and just gooi some polyurethane matt on them to keep it simple.

30A3E059-78FC-475B-8E7D-E2CA107571D0_zpsbefp1y7n.jpg

4C12E63E-2047-40F1-A46A-425F385095C6_zpsvbna43iq.jpg

Latest posts