AV trade members on this forum.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How should they be identified, if at all and what is allowed?

• Use an alias but links to website so identity is not advertised but not entirely hidden?

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Bring it on, tell us what you've got, logos, banners, links, e mail addies the works.

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Alias with company logo

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • All trade members should be flagged as such but can remain anonymous

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

croak

R.I.P. 28 June 2021
Reaction score
How should members that are in one way or another traders or makers of AV equipment set up their account?

What should the rules be for "trade members" to not or do make this an advertising board?
Should we have another section, devoted to announcements by the trade members of whatever they wish to punt today?

The reason I ask is that some months ago things flared up a bit and a suggestion was made that the Logo's and names used etc were blatant advertising.
I always felt using my logo and trade name was a way of not snooping incognito. I have also tried to be as unbiased as I can be with the occasional proviso mentioning my bias when I have a commercial interest in a recommendation or opinion.

So, what is correct nettiquette?

I think Pink Fish Media has a nice trade policy. Trade members pay a nominal annual fee for which they can advertise in the dedicated section and it helps with the costs of running the forum. They are then also flagged as trade members.

Are multiple registrations with different aliasses/alii (spelling) allowed?
Member thought's would be appreciated, so would votes and suggestions for additional vote options.