Open Chat > Food & Drink

Wine

<< < (2/47) > >>

Larry:

--- Quote from: BWS on November 02, 2016, 02:33:53 PM ---Durbanville Hills Rhinofields Sauvignon Blanc - Delicious

--- End quote ---

Urgh - Durbanville Hills, over rated, over sold, excessively acidic.

Pop in to De Grendel down the road and sample their Koetshuis Sauvignon Blanc, hell have their Shiraz to, and their Pinot Noir (the Chardonnay isn't to shitty either...)  ;D

BWS:

--- Quote from: Larry on November 02, 2016, 02:52:10 PM ---Urgh - Durbanville Hills, over rated, over sold, excessively acidic.

Pop in to De Grendel down the road and sample their Koetshuis Sauvignon Blanc, hell have their Shiraz to, and their Pinot Noir (the Chardonnay isn't to shitty either...)  ;D

--- End quote ---

Been there, it is good, I agree

Drifter:
I'm a red wine guy, prefer Pinotage.
Beyerskloof is a very good middle of the road Pinotage as well as Spier.
Hidden Valley makes a great one but slightly more expensive.

Scheepers:

--- Quote from: Drifter on November 02, 2016, 03:18:39 PM ---I'm a red wine guy, prefer Pinotage.

--- End quote ---

Drifter, I agree. Beyerskloof is overall an excellent wine brand!

Larry:

--- Quote from: Drifter on November 02, 2016, 03:18:39 PM ---I'm a red wine guy, prefer Pinotage.

--- End quote ---

Yup - Beyers Truter used to be the wine maker at Kanonkop, says a thing or two about the mans ability with a Pinotage grape...  ;)

The lower end of the Beyerskloof brand rides on his name a bit in my opinion, a little further up the range does get epic!

Meant to add:  Hidden Valley make some great blends, reds are really pretty good. Hidden Gem, Hidden Secret etc.. I think?

Something like that anyway

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version