Biamping using home theatre receivers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPM-MACHINE

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a thought just now. It might be a silly thought but here goes.....

All of my speakers are biwirable. So does that mean that they can be biamped? I have ended up in a situation where i have too many speakers in my lounge. I have them all connected to a single receiver when watching movies and quite like the effect, however i do notice that at higher volumes, my receiver cannot cope and loses some control. This i guess is normal.

What if I got 2 identical receivers similar to my Yammy in picture and bimap all my speakers? My yammy is 110 x 5 i think. So if i get 2 identical receivers set up identically that are 110w x 5 each. Will my speakers benefit from the additional power. Will the power from the receivers to the speakers effictively double or will it not.

Does anybody know if a single remote will concurrently control both receivers. In going with the route i would hope to solve these issues...

1> Buying a receiver of the same brand (eg pioneer) with say 40w more than a lower version with the same features could end up close to double the price. I am thinking that for double the price, using 2 identical recievers, I could receive double the power.

2> The receivers that I am thinking of using would end up being 4 hdmi in and 2 hdmi out. This would particularly be handy when I have to run 1 set hdmi out to my tv and other to projector.

3> I would not need any hdmi switchers etc and the cost would be cheaper than getting a single powerful receiver....much cheaper.

Here is my setup that i have at the moment:

Your thoughts please...

Attachments

• DSCN1289.JPG
    DSCN1289.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN1290.JPG
    DSCN1290.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 64