Author Topic: Durban Members  (Read 49177 times)

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: Durban Members
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 07:54:21 PM »
I canít confirm yet but should be available.

My speakers would be very difficult to get to a meet (no car) but I have two portable dacs (Nuprime uDSD and Cambridge XS V2) and a reasonably small tube dac if anyone would be interested.  I know Naughty is the digital guru so maybe some budget/not so budget shootout?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:59:34 PM by JonnyP »
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline georgew

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 10:02:32 PM »
Sounds awesome, will keep an eye on this thread. But please pm me info anyways. Thanks :thumbs:
He who questions training only trains himself in asking questions!

Offline SOC

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 07:49:23 AM »
I'm definitely keen as well depending on the date. More so to meet fellow enthusiasts, I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about this though? Should we follow suit and also have a bookshelf shoot out? Or would it be better to just bring what we have?

Offline AnarchyR

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 07:57:33 AM »
I say bring what you have so that components maybe swapped out....

Offline adie

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 08:06:33 AM »
I'll be in Swaziland :(
Mike B has nice toys!!!
Clive too no doubt.

I would have bought some speaker cables and a preamp perhaps- or Hypex monoblocks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:16:41 AM by adie »

Offline Sash

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 10:04:24 AM »
Count me IN   :thumbs: :Whoohoo: :dop: :mates:
S♘Ƨ

Offline Pervashen

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 10:19:24 AM »
Awesome count me in.

Offline dolt

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 10:45:07 AM »
That sounds great! As a former DurbanKnight I fully support this. I would love to be able to come to the event if it over a weekend. I still have some gear at my parents house. ultra budget.
Dolt aka Resident Village Idiot

Crash Crusaders Dixon FTW

Online naughty

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 11:03:14 AM »
the idea of bring what you want is probably a bit over the top ie it then seems like we are only going to do this once and then forget about it

i reckon we should create a theme and then undertake to do this thing every two or three months with different themes .... obviously we need to find different venues to do it at but we could differentiate it each time ie once we do cables then the next time we do amps and the next time bookshelf speakers and the next time floorstanding speakers and one time we do sources etc, etc, etc ..... so if we mix it up we have enough themes for like 10+ meetings and as it grows in attendance (hopefully) we can restart for the people who missed the beginning  ;)

so lets try and figure out a theme for the first initial meet and at that meeting we can determine a theme for a future second meeting and carry on in that manner then we can become as well structured and organised as JHB and Capetown

in the future we can also look at maybe involving commercial dealer support ie they provide a venue so that they can advertise their wares or pledge some discounts for future purchases amongst attendees .... but they can also get their name out there for a modest investment ie venue or discounts  :thumbs: .... but as i said things like this we can look at long term

so gents (and probably any ladies from Durban wanting to attend) any suggestions on a theme for the first meeting we can also decide on a frequency for the meetings ie every 3 months or every 6 months and then decide on a venue during each subsequent meeting too .... so we have time to work on all the admin affairs in between each meeting .... lets start though with a theme for the first meeting

just my humble suggestions ..... and if we want to leave it to anything you want to bring which means its going to be a lot which we might not have a chance to check out (time is a factor) then by all means we can do that as well but as i said it also doesnt leave room for themes for the future if we do wish to continue the idea

Online naughty

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 11:06:06 AM »
That sounds great! As a former DurbanKnight I fully support this. I would love to be able to come to the event if it over a weekend. I still have some gear at my parents house. ultra budget.

the proposed date of 27th November is a Sunday so it does meet your criteria  ;) ... hopefully you can make it at that time  :thumbs:

Offline AnarchyR

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 11:33:41 AM »
Naughty

I suggest we start off with a bookshelf run....

Easy to carry and dissemble that undoing amps and sources as such...
Will have a variety to listen to and discuss....
Just my thought

Offline Coach

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 02:54:12 PM »
guys, if I may ask that you please check with myself, clive or Nitin regarding address please.
I hope we will have enough bookshelfs, can we see by show of hands please.....

to confirm so far

Clive - still have those paradigm bookshelfs?
Nitin - where art those Dali's when we need them
Ray - aint got no bookshelf
Mike B - hope he brings those sugdens
Koogs - yes bring the winners - dynaudios coming through?
Anarchy - ?
Trevor  - ?
Andrew - ?
Siphiwe - ?
Johnny - ?
Gary - ?
George - ? have you seen George, lol remember that ad
SOC - ?
Sash - ?
Pervashen - you better submit your application with the wife today.

Stuart - ?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:02:37 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline koogs

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:20 PM »
guys, if I may ask that you please check with myself, clive or Nitin regarding address please.
I hope we will have enough bookshelfs, can we see by show of hands please.....

to confirm so far

Clive - still have those paradigm bookshelfs?
Nitin - where art those Dali's when we need them
Ray - aint got no bookshelf
Mike B - hope he brings those sugdens
Koogs - yes bring the winners - dynaudios coming through?
Anarchy - ?
Trevor  - ?
Andrew - ?
Siphiwe - ?
Johnny - ?
Gary - ?
George - ? have you seen George, lol remember that ad
SOC - ?
Sash - ?
Pervashen - you better submit your application with the wife today.

Stuart - ?

I can bring my DM2/7s along. Their stands are bloody heavy though but I can make a plan.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:03:11 PM by Family_Dog »
JRiver-Marantz CD5004-NAD C372-Dynaudio DM 2/7

Kodi-Panasonic BDP270-Marantz SR6006-B & W-Velodyne SPL1000

Offline AnarchyR

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 03:30:02 PM »
Koogs im sure Nithin will be able to lend a hand with his van.

I will bring along my pair of Spendors...

Offline georgew

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »
Eish..sold my Castles and only have floor standers now, but I do have a pair of Boston A23s (satellite) and an Arcam Ir DAC.
He who questions training only trains himself in asking questions!