Author Topic: First PA event since school days. (21 years ago)  (Read 462 times)

Offline Adagio

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • "Keep your coins, I want Change"
First PA event since school days. (21 years ago)
« on: October 11, 2016, 07:08:16 AM »

Volunteered the PA for a charity fundraiser at Groot Constantia the other day, and boy was it fun!  :)  (took me back to my school days, running a maximum of 12 channels through a Peavy 16-channel powered mixer, & operating the school hall spot-light and stage lighting from the hall's back balcony control room.)

Equipment:

- Klipsch RF-7 speakers
- Adcom GFA 5400 Class- A MOSFET Power Amp
- Shure (SM58?) microphone (*)
- Behringer Xenyx 802 8-channel mixing desk (*)
- NAD T512 DVD (CD) Player

The sound reproduction and music selection were brilliant (according to the very many compliments received) & in my personal opinion too. Even though open-air and setup in free-standing space, those Klipsch's excite the space with a  glorious, rich, detailed, rivetting sound - with an exquisitely deep authoritive and nimble bass, - 100 % without restraint and completely completely effortless. (even at ear splitting levels)

The little Xenyx 802 mixer did a phenominal job controlling the setup, and kept everything in full cohesion and control, with a magnificent mic-input stage: voice production came through crisply and articulately, with perfect sibilance courtesy of the quality Shure mic.

* - Many thanks to good friend Shamil of Albertronics for the kind use of his entry-level mixing desk and quality mic, and for kindly sponsoring their rental.

Offline WD

• Formerly Waterhond
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: First PA event since school days. (21 years ago)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 11:56:43 AM »
Great result!

I'm glad you like the Adcom amp (and found a use for it too)! :thumbs:

Offline Adagio

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • "Keep your coins, I want Change"
Re: First PA event since school days. (21 years ago)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »

Thank you Wessel, - the Adcom compliments the Klipsch RF-7's beautifully, even at concert levels (zero brightness/shrillness) sounding rich and sweet ~ with deep fathomed, marvelously controlled bass without even breaking a sweat.  :cool: