Author Topic: New BlackWidow & Updated Exclame  (Read 2890 times)

Offline GerritV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
  • Who killed John Henry?
Re: New BlackWidow & Updated Exclame
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2016, 10:50:55 AM »
Internal shielding between stages/channels is important to get right... and with a larger "box" you have the opportunity to design more space around each channel to accommodate the install of custom (often physically larger) capacitors (if one wants to go this route... not necessary on the stock unit but some want to experiment with different "tones").   :2c:

Offline El Sid

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2016, 11:29:21 AM »
Schalk, perhaps you could tell why it is modular in the first place? Maybe to keep the power supply away from the obviously very sensitive phono stages?

Maybe a compromise, using the same/similar casing as the Exclame, but separate boards inside? Just throwing around a few ideas without real insight.

I would be prepared to make the sacrifice of testing the prototype when it comes out. For the good of the community you understand.  ;) ;)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:36:20 AM by El Sid »

Offline Schalk

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • valveaudio@absamail.co.za
    • Valve Audio
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2016, 05:59:02 PM »
I would be prepared to make the sacrifice of testing the prototype when it comes out. For the good of the community you understand.  ;) ;)

Nooooo!!

I'd NEVER put you through that  :sweat:
First magic smoke exercise ALWAYS mine  :help: Only once I can sell it shall you have the honor...  :rubhands: and I the Shekels from you. Thank you very much!