Loft listening room - options

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuz940510

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Having recently got my :cr@p: together and moved out of home, i have the option /luxury of setting up a listening "room" of sorts.

This room is a loft above the kitchen and dining room, with a floor area of about 3.5 x 4.7 metres. It is a wood floor, which is a bit resonant already. The ceiling slopes upwards towards the middle of this "room", then slopes downward sharply towards the front of the place.

My thoughts with regards to speaker placement are either:
a) against the wall, firing into the open space, which would be on the side of the window. This means less back wall interference, or
b) against the balustrade, firing against the wall. This means less front wall interference

As i'm a bachelor, i can apply some room treatment without worries of :angrywife:

My concern about option B is that there will end up being a door right next to the speaker. Seeing what happens with musical instruments when in that sort of place makes me a bit concerned about what will happen to the precious spikka's.

A crude sketch:

I'll see about more accurate measurements this evening.

Do i have the wrong end of the stick here?

Thanks

Latest posts