What would you blow your bucks on

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enigma_2k4

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here's an interesting question (or set there-of). I'd like to see what others would do.

a. What would you buy that is AV related if you had ...... to blow right now?
b. What would you buy that is NOT AV related if you had ...... to blow right now?

1. R500
a. National Geographic underwater monsters in blu-ray in 3D with 4 x 3D glasses
b. Starcraft 2 PC game, the collectors edition

2. R2,000
a. Some drivers and a crossover to build some surrounds, preferably di-poles.
b. New grips for my bike, and gloves.

3. R5,000
a. A entry level AVR (Denon? Nad?) new or a good second hand AVR deal to replace my piece of crap Sony.
b. The wood to build a nice desk in my gaming room as well as the skirting boards in the last 2 rooms, 2 more hard drives and a controller to build myself a NAS (network attached storage) box.

4. R10,000
a. R5k on some nice large subs, R5k on a good power amp, both to build myself an IB setup that I could hide away.
b. A Good DSLR camera, and the hard drives and NAS box as above.

5. R20,000
a. Either a Cambridge Azur 650 AVR or a combination of a good signal processor and preamp/DAC (to handle video and Audio) and a poweramp
b. Take my GF and I together to vietnam where we tour on motorbike for a week or two (ala top gear).

6.R50,000
a. Try and build myself a cinema room (construction only) and then I can slowly build up the bits and pieces.
b. All of the above + pay off some debts (boring I know)

See what happens when I procrastinate at the office. Dam!

Latest posts