My First DIY Subwoofer Project! All help and advice welcome!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skillet

AVForums Member
Reaction score
So JimGore & NoSnipeLimit persueded me to rather build my own subwoofer than to fork out R7000 for a Wharfedale SW380.

After reading up on other projects and advice I have decided to build 2 Boxes powered by a Pro-Amp.

I have gone for the JBL GT5-15" drivers from Autostyle for R850each.

As it was JimGore that suggested the drivers, he was also the one to work some magic and came up with a optimum vented box size of 200litres tuned to 22Hz.

Not knowing ANYTHING about speaker building I have dowloaded WinISD and entered the driver's parameters to the database. Started a project and entered the box size of 200l and tuned frequency at 22Hz to see what he saw that made him decide on it. Well, the graphs came out and surely I did not know WHAT to read in them...  ??? What am I aiming at here? I use my system mainly for gaming and movies with a bit of bass rich music here and there. I like my music bass to be very punchy! It be able to interfere with your heart rythm!!  ;D