Author Topic: NuPrime WR100  (Read 3435 times)

Offline zeabre

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Airmusic
Re: NuPrime WR100
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »
Thank you Joel! Received my two wr100s two hours ago. One already playing in the office.

Offline joel

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • Thirteen Hof
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 05:08:08 PM »
Thank you Joel! Received my two wr100s two hours ago. One already playing in the office.

My Pleasure

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline Juggy

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 09:48:50 AM »
I would be interested pending price of course. Come on Joel, I have a lot of Hof gear in my home already ;)

Can someone send me a quote please?
| Lounge System | Samsung UA55F8000 | Onkyo TX-RZ1100 | Tannoy XT 8F | Tannoy XT C | Intel NUC |
| Braai System | Samsung UA40J5300 | Sansui AU-222 | Intel NUC | Paradigm Mini Monitor V2 |

Offline joel

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • Thirteen Hof
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
Can someone send me a quote please?

My first batch flew out the box rather quickly so Ive just placed an order for more.

The price is $99 Plus VAT but lets call it R 1300 for forum members.

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 11:10:37 PM »
Could someone explain what this does in plain English please.  I listen to internet radio through a wired DAC at the moment.  Would this be a wireless version of the same that can be plugged into my amp?
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Mervin

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • Security Audit and Control Solutions
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 06:38:53 AM »
Could someone explain what this does in plain English please.  I listen to internet radio through a wired DAC at the moment.  Would this be a wireless version of the same that can be plugged into my amp?
http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/products/wireless/wr100.html
Does support Spotify and some others but many not supported due to SA exclusion from the technical 1st world.
Behind the cupboard door... Narnia

Offline packrat

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 05:55:38 PM »
Any stock left?
"You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass"
Frank Sinatra

Offline JonnyP

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »
http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/products/wireless/wr100.html
Does support Spotify and some others but many not supported due to SA exclusion from the technical 1st world.

Excuse my ignorance but I still don't really understand what it does.  In plain terms, if it is connected to my amp and I send music to it (or internet radio) from my phone does it play through the amp?  Or do I still need a DAC in the chain?  I can't understand what it does from the NuPrime website either.
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 08:29:30 PM »
Ok. I am no computer geek but I have been playing with one this weekend. 

It's a bit like apple airplay and a lot like sonos.
It has analog output and optical digital output.  So you can use an SPDIF dac with it or use its analog output in less critical applications. 

Basically you can link it to your wifi or wired home network and with simple server software (I am using minimserver for now) installed on a computer or NAS on your home network you play your music library to it. 
You control the playing with an app on a smart device. 

So if you have one computer but more than one space you want to play puter tunes it's a solution, up to ten units can be set up on your network.  They can play independently. 

It can also play music directly from your smart device, droid or apple in direct wifi mode without a network.

This is nice as my wife liked airplay but now uses a droid phone while I still use apple. 

It will allow playback up to 24/96. 

It even has an analogue input.  So if you have a few units you could add analog radio by feeding one of them the output from a tuner you can stream from the tuner to all other wr100. 
(In SA with expensive uncapped I missed analogue radio with airplay for eg so I think this is a cool feature. ). You could even distribute your turntable output I guess. 

Spotify napster rhapsody are available.

It is all on the Qualcomm AllPlay platform and their site is more descriptive of the system ability.   Note that wr100 does not have airplay but some Qualcomm devices incl larger NuPrime models will include it. 

"If it sounds good, it IS good."
Duke Ellington
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline JonnyP

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 09:17:17 PM »
Thanks G, makes a lot more sense now.  As the only over air thing I ever do is stream internet radio, I don't think I need one (its usually BBC world service or 5 live ie talk stuff) so I will continue doing that to the soundbar and plugging the puter into the DAC in whichever room!