Author Topic: VTA collar for Rega RB series arms  (Read 482 times)

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
VTA collar for Rega RB series arms
« on: June 25, 2016, 01:51:01 PM »
Vta setting n the classic Rega arms has always been a bothersome conundrum. 

Over the years several solutions have come about.  Spacers work but are a hassle having to fully remove the arm every time a change is made. 

Adjustment "rings" with a thread are ok but need a locking nut but always seem to work themselves loose.   

The collar like on many other arms is the simple to use solution. 
Height adjustable and locked with a set screw.   Once fitted no disassembly required. 

This Is the Croak collar.   I am still thinking of a name.  Polo Neck? Scarf? Suggestions welcome. 
Toadstool? Magic Mushroom?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:53:02 PM by Hi-Phibian »
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: VTA collar for Rega RB series arms
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 10:04:25 PM »
Definitely scarf or even flu scarf.  An old wives tale to get rid of a sore throat and improve your voice was to tie a frog or toad around your throat (don't think it would work) so a Croak Scarf would improve the sound....
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 08:03:54 AM »
...you can name it "croaker"  .... great product.... but regarding the spacers. There are these 2 pieces spacers my old company produce...here you need only to lose the screws and they come in sets with different sizes/heights...

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 08:32:53 AM »
...you can name it "croaker"  .... great product.... but regarding the spacers. There are these 2 pieces spacers my old company produce...here you need only to lose the screws and they come in sets with different sizes/heights...

Hahahaha

I I know about TAD two part spacer for the 3 point mount which is smart.  This is for the threaded style arms.  RB250/300 and derivatives.
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za