Author Topic: Awesome members on this forum!  (Read 32351 times)

Offline mastermamo

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • The Best Way Forward is dRaWkCaB
Re: Awesome members on this forum!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 08:05:59 PM »
Some really amazing blokes on this forum  :thumbs:
The Best Way Forward is dRaWkCaB...

Offline Jedi

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 04:34:36 PM »
Sure,had so good dealings so far.

Offline georgew

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 09:19:42 PM »
Hey everybody, speaking of good guys on the forum, I thought this deserves an honourable mention. I just purchased the pair of Sonor Audio Capellas from Brent C. I must add that it was an absolute pleasure dealing with him. He was very pleasant and kept to his word at all times, but the thing that stood out most was that he was honest enough to call and inform me of a cosmetic scratch on one of the speakers and offered to come to some sort of arrangement. After looking at a pic of the scratch I let him know that I was okay with it and he shouldn't worry but he suggested that he would like to cover the cost of the courier as a favour to me. I was impressed by his gesture and accepted. Brent has already honoured his word and I am now waiting for receipt of my new purchase.
As I am still fairly new to the forum, I really depended on the knowledge and experience of the forum members to steer me in the right direction and they have delivered, so a big thank you to all the guys here and especially Brent for making the experience easy and trouble free.

He who questions training only trains himself in asking questions!

Offline Phase

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 06:22:35 AM »
I would like to bring your attention to a gent, Marnus AKA Marakasmalan. Some may recall that I recently switch from my faithful press button and play or drop needle and play some more analog system to venture into digital.

To brief you very quickly, even to this day all my emails are filtered, printed on which I write my response, this is then typed  (not by me!) and returned to the relevant recipient. My knowledge of computers is not much passed the power button (shocking)! Back to our subject Marnus, I tell the man this UPfront and here is the events that played out, Marnus had a Pi2 and I wanted a Pi3 as well. The man orders the lot including Pi3 + casings, usb cable, CD tray for laptop (ours was not working!) Joystick and network cable, Marnus has a router which he supplies. Right off the bat, this is way passed the call of duty!

Knowing my situation Marnus proceeds and writes all programs (Kodi, Squeeze On  Arch) for Pi2/3 and configures the entire setup  to router and all! A plug and for play for dummies. Now this is "Way passed the call of duty 2!"

This same man in question continues forward  to write a manual on the setup takes you through Kodi, Squeeze On Arch, remote controls...
UNBELIEVABLE! "Way passed the call of  duty 3!"

Now can you imagine me receiving this box of new tricks. Like a kid with the BIGGEST lucky-packet! I setup everything and something went wrong with the programme and Marnus spoke me through manually programming up the Pi (hours on the phones)! "Way passed the call of duty 4!"

I CANNOT thank this man enough for the patience and care he has taken with me and my system!

Thank you Marnus!

Offline Gramophone

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 06:31:08 AM »
^Wow, great stuff to read!  :thumbs:
"Midnight is where the day begins"

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 06:32:24 AM »
I CANNOT thank this man enough for the patience and care he has taken with me and my system!

Thank you Marnus!

but he must dislike you, he set you up with a Pi :sh1tstirrer:
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Phase

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 06:49:48 AM »
but he must dislike you, he set you up with a Pi :sh1tstirrer:

:clap: :ROFLMAO:

@Georgew if that was your 1st purchase here? A BRILLIANT buy!

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 06:57:00 AM »
As I am still fairly new to the forum, I really depended on the knowledge and experience of the forum members to steer me in the right direction and they have delivered, so a big thank you to all the guys here and especially Brent for making the experience easy and trouble free.
Have seen those speakers many times and spent many hours listening to them.  You scored a bargain of note.
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Phase

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 07:38:15 AM »
Has anybody ever bought anything from Andre aka KK?

Offline chrisflex

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 07:38:33 AM »
 :) Rotten Johnny
 ;) Chris Templer
 :D HappyCamper
 :) ghostinthemachine
 ;D scrarfussi
 ;)Hi Phibian
 :D Mervin
 :D JesseJon
 ;D Francois & Johan
 :D Schalk

Wow just looking at the list I have been busy swapping, buying and selling..... 

Thanks guys...

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:41:35 AM by chrisflex »
~ music is imagination given instrumentation ~

Offline christempler

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2016, 11:24:21 AM »
And very happy with all I have purchased too!
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russel

Offline georgew

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »
@ Rotten Johnny and Phase...Yes, this is my first buy, and a great one at that. As much as I do try to support our local businesses, this forum is now the first place I look. Amazing gear, amazing prices, amazing people :2thumbs:

Ps. Last but not least, just gota commend all the guys at the top for such a fantastically setup, well run and well managed forum. Truly world class guys, keep it up!
He who questions training only trains himself in asking questions!

Offline Phase

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2016, 12:47:34 PM »
Now here is a man that joined the forum back in 2012. He only now qualifies to sell something (50 post rule). So he doesn't speak much in these halls however this same man has been involved in music his whole life.

The man in question has the top 2 (that I've listened to) system. The wealth of knowledge that he has in this industry is astounding! A gent that you can simple never talk to for long enough.

He once had a Pipe Organ in his listning room! And he is also responsible for building the speakers that now rest in my lounge. This gent introduced me to true high end!

His is a man I can call a true friend! An Extremist and a Legend Mr Chris Templer. Thank you for this journey Sir!

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2016, 01:00:27 PM »
Alan's Cobra Arousal guru methinks? :ROFLMAO:
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Mervin

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2016, 01:00:35 PM »
Has anybody ever bought anything from Andre aka KK?
Many items
Behind the cupboard door... Narnia