Author Topic: Awesome members on this forum!  (Read 30482 times)

Offline Red Baron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • waiting for the wireless winch...
Re: Awesome members on this forum!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 06:59:40 AM »
PHASE LIGHTYEAR!! To infinity and Cape Town!!  :thumbs:
Et Vidi...
MYRYAD MI 240; CASTLE Harlech S1; InterAudio Alpha 1; KLIPSCH Quintet III & SW10; NAKAMICHI MB 5 CD Player, SONY DBP - S360;QED QNECT 2, MONSTER Interconnect; CABLE TALK Speaker cable, MONSTER Speaker Cables

Offline BWS

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 07:11:02 AM »
:thinking: :thinking:

Way to go gents  :2thumbs:

Mods how about making this a Sticky/Kudos thread or perhaps a Kudos counter like the feedback system?

I too have had some help from a number of guys here over the past few years.

Oh alright! If you insist :point:
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Music_Lover

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 05:45:47 PM »
I've only ever had good experiences with forum members but this experience does stand out.

I bought some Scanspeak 18WUs from Xumbug (Stu) 2 years ago, having high hopes of DIYing something. I didn't collect it from him in all this time. I made contact with him again this week asking him if the drivers were still in his possession and available. He said they were. I'm currently working in Durban so I asked him if  he could do me a huge favour and drop the drivers off with my wife as I had a buyer for them, he agreed. He had 2 busy days where he couldn't deliver the drivers but kept good on his word today and dropped them off with my wife. The buyer has already collected the drivers and all is good.

Just the hugest THANK YOU to Stu who went out of his way to assist. I OWE you Stu, thank you, thank you, thank you. I only hope I can repay you someday.

Midrand

Offline xumbug

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 10:34:14 PM »
Hey bud, only a pleasure to help you. Pity you could not use the drivers yourself, but maybe one day! Nice to meet your wife.

Stu
SDA Acoustics loudspeakers, Audio Research Ref 3 Pre amp and Ref 210 power amps, Bel Canto VB3.5 Dac, Pathos Endorphin cd player, squeeze box touch.

Offline Samodien

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 10:12:17 PM »
Hi

Can someone pls explain how to insert a pic on this site as when I select "insert Image" it just give this ""

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 06:53:56 AM »
^^ Upload your pics to image hosting site like photobucket or postimage then  http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,30171.0.html
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Gramophone

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 06:05:51 PM »
above and beyond..the way the world should be ....

Yes Rodney.  I remember the time you drove all the way from CT to Worcester to go and assist our terminally ill forum friend Corrie with his sound setup. Sadly Corrie passed away since but I know how much he appreciated your very kind gesture and assistance at the time. Heart warming!
"Midnight is where the day begins"

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • It's all about the music, really...
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 06:07:39 PM »
Just adding my 2c: a big shout-out to forum member Rick from Somerset West. Rick took a look at my non-working "Studer Revox" phono stage (yes, I know it is not really a SR, but everyone who has seen and heard this since, agrees that it is not so much a "fake" as it is an "unauthorised" SR product!). He did some tests, and told me which new components to buy.

Once I had bought all the new parts, Rick came to my house on his day off, pulled up a chair, and proceeded to spend 3 hours unsoldering old corroded components and replacing them with new parts. After a quick run-through with the mm to check everything, I plugged it in, and put an LP on the turntable. Off course, still no sound...

Then Rick suggested I actually turn on the power to the phono stage, and once I did this, the system started singing. We tried 3 or 4 records, and I am more than happy with the sound - it is superb! Been playing it non-stop for 3 days!

Thanks Rick.   :thumbs:
I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 09:36:13 PM »
A big thank you to BJ for transporting the PSB speakers I bought from JJJ in Somerset West to me in Klerkies. The speaker are ginormous: took half the available packing space in his van and weigh 60Kg each - although when carrying them they felt even heavier.   :roll:

Many thanks Ben, much appreciated and I'm still happily listening to them courtesy of the Technics SE-A5 - also originally from Cape Town! Don't skrik - the SE-A5 is not a bad amplifier. They will eventually be used with the Sony TA-N77ES when I move the Tannoys.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Swindlehurstguy

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 10:10:42 PM »
that's the way it's done, had the cardas guy Hi-Phibian lend me a great DAC pre amp till we both got so old we nearly both forgot about it. Yes, there are some real gents here who are always willing to help out, speaks volumes for these people, thanks for sharing your story!

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2016, 04:50:08 AM »
A big thank you to BJ for transporting the PSB speakers I bought from JJJ in Somerset West to me in Klerkies.

BJ has also transported some speakers to and from CPT for me  :2thumbs:

BYU aka BobsYourUncle for collecting an item I had purchased and delivering it to my door.Many thanks bud  :dop:
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2016, 09:04:35 AM »
^^^and many thanks to yourself and BJ for getting them to me....much appreciated gents. :thumbs:
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline stanhic

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »
Big thanks to XL1000

Went to collect the free PC screens from him. What a nice guy. Saw my son in the car waiting, and wanted to know if he likes flying things. My son walked out with a UFO Drone. He is loving it. Big thanks

Offline andredt

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 07:39:24 AM »
Big thanks to XL1000

Went to collect the free PC screens from him. What a nice guy. Saw my son in the car waiting, and wanted to know if he likes flying things. My son walked out with a UFO Drone. He is loving it. Big thanks

Thumbs up.
For the love of music.
B&W Rotel Marantz H&K Micro Seiki

Offline Red Baron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • waiting for the wireless winch...
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 11:42:44 PM »
here's to all the good fellas on this forum.... :dop:  :thumbs:  :groovy: May all be blessed!
Et Vidi...
MYRYAD MI 240; CASTLE Harlech S1; InterAudio Alpha 1; KLIPSCH Quintet III & SW10; NAKAMICHI MB 5 CD Player, SONY DBP - S360;QED QNECT 2, MONSTER Interconnect; CABLE TALK Speaker cable, MONSTER Speaker Cables