Awesome members on this forum!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramophone

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Gents,

I just to want to share a recent encounter with one of our forum members.  I recently bought a pair of bookshelf speakers from a seller based in East London.  The seller was somehow reluctant to courier the speakers and very good reason maybe as it might get damage in transit.  In any case I convinced him to sell to me and told him I will arrange for the courier etc.  Me being also a bit hesitant to courier the speakers to avoid possible damage to it I contacted "Phase" (Alan) in East London and asked him if maybe knew of anybody who is travelling to Cape Town and would be prepared to bring the speakers with.  He responded that he didn't know anybody but that he is prepared to go and pick up the speakers from the seller's house and take with him to Port Elizabeth the Monday as he was travelling in that direction for work. And that it would be easier to get it from PE to CT than from EL to CT.  I told him that could work and offered him money for fuel and his trouble.  He refused to give his banking details to me! 
Alan then went the Sunday evening to the seller's house and collected the speakers.  He also offered to pack the speakers for me and to personally drop it off the Monday at the Star Express depot in PE.  Again he refused to take any money and would not respond to my request to send me his banking details.
Alan delivered the speakers at the courier depot in PE and they were couriered to CT.  I received the speakers very well and safely packed in a box that he went and buy specifically for it to be safely couriered...  And still he refuses to take any money from me.

All I can say THANKS very much Alan!  You are an absolute gentleman and great to have such wonderful, trusted and helpful members on this forum! :2thumbs:  I shall return the favor!

Latest posts